Jenny Conway (Dip ION, mBANT, mCNHC, BSc OT)
- Do you feel tired all the time or struggle with chronic, long-term fatigue?
- Do you have gut health concerns?
- Or do you experience difficulty controlling your blood sugar balance and maintaining a healthy weight?
My name is Jenny Conway and I am a professionally trained, registered and fully insured Nutritional Therapist. I provide expert Nutrition and Lifestyle solutions to clients with a range of conditions. I have a special interest in supporting those struggling with on-going fatigue, gut health concerns or blood sugar imbalance. All advice is tailor-made to address the root cause of your symptoms and can thereby empower you to achieve optimum health and well-being naturally.
Every meal is an opportunity to heal. Making small changes to your diet and lifestyle can lead to profound changes in your health, vitality and energy: how you look, think and feel.
I have seen incredible changes in my own health and in the health of my clients and would love to do the same for you.
To find out how Nutritional Therapy could benefit you, please read about my consultation approach and have a look at the consultation packages I offer. When you are ready, you can make an appointment or book your free 20 minute exploratory chat.
What is Nutritional Therapy and how can I help you?
Nutritional Therapy is a complementary therapy that uses evidence-based, scientific research to explain how your diet, lifestyle, genetics and environmental factors are affecting your health. This knowledge can help unravel the root cause of your symptoms and explain the dietary and lifestyle changes that are needed to support your body’s ability to repair naturally.
I aim to demystify advice currently found in the media, and work closely with you to develop a bespoke Nutritional and Lifestyle programme. Using a wide variety of delicious food choices, your programme is specifically designed to address the root cause of your symptoms, improve your body's ability to repair and empower you to reach your health goals and achieve optimum health and well-being naturally. I use a functional medicine approach and make use of a range of diagnostic tests, where appropriate.
Because Nutritional Therapy is a complementary therapy, it works well alongside conventional medicine. It is therefore relevant to individuals with a wide range of health conditions, as well as those looking for general support to enhance their health and well-being.
What can I expect to happen in a consultation?
As a Registered Nutritional Therapist, I will:
- Assess your health, including your medical and family history;
- Ask you about your symptoms and how they have changed;
- Look at your diet and lifestyle and assess your nutritional status;
- Evaluate your current medication and any nutrient interactions, if applicable;
- Recommend GP and private functional testing and provide interpretation, where appropriate.
I use my knowledge of nutrition, food, nutrients, environmental and lifestyle factors to explain to you the root cause of your symptoms. I will then work with you to devise a personalised Nutritional and Lifestyle programme. Your programme is tailor made to address the root cause of your symptoms, introducing manageable changes to help you improve your body’s ability to repair and empower you to reach your health goals and achieve optimum vitality and well-being naturally.This may include providing:
- Relevant dietary and lifestyle recommendations and advice;
- Practical recipes, meal plans, a cupboard sort and shopping advice;
- Functional tests and supplement recommendations and guidance;
- The provision of relevant worksheets and handouts.
Every individual seen is unique and any advice provided is tailor-made to address your health concerns, dietary and lifestyle preferences, budget & needs. There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach. Your programme is reviewed and adjusted during follow-up consultations to support you on your journey to optimal health.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I trained for 3 years at the renowned Institute for Optimum Nutrition and graduated, with distinction, in 2018 with a diploma in Nutritional Therapy.
- I am a member of the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT) and am registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- I am also a qualified Occupational Therapist (BSc OT). I completed my training at Brunel University in 2003, where I attained a First-Class Honours Degree (BSc).
- I have worked in health, social care and education sectors, for over 15 years and enjoy working with adults, teenagers and children alike.
- I regularly attend training, conferences and seminars to keep abreast of the latest research and ensure that my knowledge is up-to-date.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Obesity *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Individual 1:1 consultations
The best way for me to help you to reach your health goals, is by working with you for a period of time. I offer several personalised health and well-being consultation programmes designed to meet your needs and health goals. Programmes vary depending upon the level of support that you require.
My basic package starts at £170. I also offer a Classic and Master programme if you require a higher level of support. All programmes will typically include:
- An initial consultation (75 minutes);
- A number of follow-up consultations (60 minutes);
- Telephone and email support between appointments;
- A full assessment of your health, including your medical and family history, symptoms, diet, lifestyle and nutritional status;
- Where relevant, GP and private functional testing recommendations;
- A Health Optimisation Plan, providing tailor-made dietary, lifestyle and supplement advice, recipe suggestions, meal plans, shopping guidance and supporting, informative worksheets.
I offer a free initial chat so you can see if I am the right person to help you.
Discounts for unemployed, students and OAP's are available.
Please note: Functional Tests, if recommended, are charged in addition to consultation fees.
Workshops and community talks
I also offer workshops and talks within the community to relevant support groups, corporations and health promotion clinics.
Workshops are designed to provide nutrition and lifestyle education and advice to individuals in small group settings. They can be targeted to your needs and may involve collaboration with other relevant professionals.
Prices vary depending upon the number of clients, services required and the venue. Please contact me for further information and pricing.
My clinic is within easy distance of both Epsom and Ewell train stations and numerous bus routes.
Free parking is available.
If preferred, home visits (within the local area), Skype or telephone consultations are available.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
One step into property. I offer home visits, Skype and telephone consultations if preferable.
Various day and evening appointments are available throughout the week from 9am-7pm. Please contact me for further information.