Hi, I'm Jackie - a Specialist Registered Dietitian available for online and telephone support (evenings and weekends included).
I have extensive experience and post graduate training in coaching people with pre-diabetes and diabetes (type 1 and 2). I also have a specific interest in supporting people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) with dietary changes and my clinical experience includes working with many clients using low FODMAP dietary education ( Kings College London trained).
Having graduated with a first class (hons) Degree in Nutrition, I have over 29 years experience as a Registered Dietitian working closely with other health professionals, Consultants and GPs. I would aim to inspire and support you with dietary and behaviour changes to maximise your health.
I am passionate about cooking and providing practical information on meals to suit individual needs as well as catering for the whole family. With teenagers myself, I am very aware of the challenges.
I offer a free telephone consultation to get to know your nutritional issues and discuss your goals. I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- First class Hons Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics - University of Surrey
- Post graduate training in management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome using the Low FODMAP diet ( Kings College London)
- Post graduate training and expertise in Diet and Diabetes including Carb Counting management
- Msc- Post Graduate Certificate in Public Health - University of West of England
- Registered with the HCPC and full membership of British Dietetic Association
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
From £50.00 to £450.00
Free initial telephone session
Free 20 minute telephone consultation - this gives me a chance to get to know your nutritional issues, and discuss goals and expectations of the consultation.
Nutrition check - £150 - this includes an initial and 1 follow up appointment.
Dietetic coaching packages for specific health conditions for example pre-diabetes, type 2 diabetes, IBS, hyperlipidaemia.
- 60-90minutes online/telephone/face to face;
- pre consultation assessment of food diary;
- pre consultation clinical questionnaire review;
- personalised report and meal plan post consultation
- 30-45 minutes online/telephone/face to face
- motivational discussions;
- support for the changes you would like to make;
- recipes and more meal ideas;
- progression on to long term dietary changes.
Free email/ messaging support between appointments.
Flexible packages include online support - weekly, bimonthly, monthly, - from £50 per month for ongoing long term health and wellness coaching.
Give me a call/email or check out my main website for more details.
1 to 1 Online support and home visits- (distance dependant).
I also offer support via email, online, telephone, home visits and practical supermarket tours.