Deborah Norman, Consultant Dietitian
Deborah Norman, Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Consultant with over 25 years of experience working both for the NHS and as an independent consultant. Together with a number of professional I provide expert knowledge and experience in clinical dietetics, nutrition, physical activity, health promotion and public health.
Specialist areas include:
Weight management for adults and children.
Bariatric surgery dietary treatment.
Sports and performance nutrition
Gastrointestinal dietary treatment including low FODMAP diet
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Consultant .
- Specialist Bariatric Dietitian
- Sports Nutritionist
- Specialist in Gastrointestinal dietary treatment including low FODMAP diet
- Weight management for adults and child
- Highly experienced in providing practical, easy to follow information and advice on diet, physical activity and behaviour change.
- Qualified trainer with extensive experience.
- Accredited trainer for Counterweight.
- Training and programme development for nutrition and weight management
- Qualified in health promotion and public health – experience in commissioning and the provision of services.
- Registered by the Health and Care Professions Council http://www.hcpcheck.org/
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Initial consultation £90 - 120 depending on time needed. Follow up appointments £40-80
Consulting rooms at Ashtead Hospital, Ashtead, Surrey
Registered with all major private health insurance providers
Individuals £90 for initial assessment and then fees dependent on need.
Clubs/ groups please phone for a quote.
Training courses £475 – £750 a day
£475- £750 a day
The fee structure follows the guidance from the British Dietetic Association.
Please contact Deborah to discuss the fees as the exact amount depends on many factors.
Please visit my website for further information or phone me for a chat 0775 446 7918