Cora Weekes ND DipCNM mBANT mNNA CNHC
Open and happy to help people with any health concerns, I have a particular interest in gastrointestinal health, immunity, and maintaining/improving health for the elderly.
To help you reach your optimal weight, I will draw a personalized, easy to follow dietary and lifestyle plan, based on the Institute of Functional Medicine's FLT (First Line Therapy) programme - which will provide you with the knowledge and power to make healthy choices each day.
I am also a fully-qualified and registered naturopath, and a certified GAPS (Gut and Psychology/Physiology Syndrome) practitioner, personally trained by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride. GAPS links gastrointestinal disorders with neurological and (auto-)immune conditions. For more information, please visit http://www.gaps.me/
Applying naturopathic and functional medicine principles, I see each client as unique - body/mind/spirit, and focus on finding and addressing the root causes of problems and creating a personalized nutrition plan.
When/if necessary, I can advise for and provide functional testing (e.g. food intolerance and/or allergy, comprehensive stool analysis + parasitology, adrenal stress profile etc.) and am registered and work with reputable laboratories (Lorisian, Genova Diagnostics, Biolab, Regenerus Labs).
I am trained (and insured) to use muscle testing (kinesiology) and bio-resonance (Vector Bioscan) and may also use these in my consultations.
Training, qualifications & experience
Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy Diploma (CNM - College of Naturopathic Medicine, London) 2011
GAPS Certified Practitioner 2012
Naturopathy Diploma (GNC) 2014
NutriClean (Metabolic Detoxification) Practitioner (Nutri Advanced) 2015
Muscle Response Testing Skills Certificate - 2017 (Classical Kinesiology Institute)
Teaching qualification (AET - Award in Education and Training) 2015
M.Sc. Physics Engineering 1990
BANT - British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
CNHC - Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council
NNA - Naturopathic Nutrition Association
GNC - General Naturopathic Council (registered naturopath)
In addition to conducting private consultations, I am also a tutor for the Natural Healthcare College https://naturalhealthcarecollege.com/
I also work with the Naturopathic Nutrition Association (NNA), mentoring recent graduates and final year students.
I regularly attend continuing professional development (CPD) seminars and training programmes.
Naturopathic Nutrition Association
The Naturopathic Nutrition Association was formed by a group of Nutritional Therapists who passionately believe in the benefits of the naturopathic approach to nutrition. By working alongside a UK regulatory body for Naturopathy and other naturopathically-minded professional associations, the NNA aims to both promote to the public the benefits of naturopathic nutrition and encourage Nutritional Therapists to develop further therapeutic skills.
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
If you would like to discuss booking a consultation, please first contact me by email. We can then arrange (if desired, please let me know) a 20 minutes free preliminary chat. Thank you!
FREE preliminary 20 minutes telephone consultation
Initial consultation £90 (90-120 minutes)
Follow-up consultations £56 (50-60 minutes)
15% discount for the elderly (over 65 years old)
10% discount for students
Book a package of Initial Consultation + 2 follow up consultations for only £175. I strongly recommend this option, as it reinforces your commitment to following the agreed treatment plan.
Gift vouchers are also available.
If you are unsure if nutritional therapy is right for you, please feel free to give me a call for an initial free chat, to discuss your concerns.
Clients with medical insurance via HealthShield, or Westfield Health may be able to claim back the costs for nutritional therapy and naturopathy sessions (depending on their policy, please check with insurer).
Between appointments, ONE email or telephone conversation that take less than 15 minutes to deal with will not be charged for. If however, you wish to discuss any complex matters regarding your programme or your progress, you will be charged for on a pro-rata time basis of the hourly £60 appointment time. Any quick questions/answers will not be charged for.
- I feel very fortunate to have been seen by Cora and I recommend her to all my friends and family. I never feel rushed during our appointments and she always asks lots of relevant questions and makes pertinent suggestions. She knows how to adapt her advice to my life style, thus not recommending changes that would be difficult for me. She always keeps up to date with the latest developments in nutritional therapy. My health has improved massively since our first appointment and she helped with health problems that were lingering from long time. Adriana W, Stevenage
- Cora really gave me a lot of in-depth advice on nutrition and health. She was always at the end of an email when i had questions and concerns. Her calm manner and knowledge really helped me to adjust to a new diet and start my wellbeing journey. She also gave me a lot of other advice on other treatments for fatigue and ME, and they have all really helped me regain my health. Thank you Cora. I'll definitely be coming back for regular health checks. Gemma F, Rochester
- I first visited Cora when I was suffering with severe pain in my hip and not wanting to resort to pain-killers. The pain was waking me at night and even caused difficulty washing my feet in the shower. Cora was very thorough when taking my case history and current diet and really listened to my likes and dislikes, making her diet very easy for me to stick too. I found improvement within a few days of following her plan, and after several weeks I was pain free and able to lift my legs with no problem. As a bonus I seemed to have more energy, my skin looked fresher, and I lost the dark circles under my eyes! Christine L, London
- I found Cora Weekes on the web via Google. I liked her photo, she has a very 'open' face but most of all Cora mentioned older people as one of her interest areas. It was so good to see someone particularly interested in older people. My biggest two problems were the inability to lose weight and extreme fatigue leading to sleeping for long periods of the day and night. Cora designed a diet sheet for me and recommended two supplements. The diet was easy to organise and I did not feel hungry at any time and lost weight steadily and in conjunction with the supplements I began to feel energised. It didn't happen over night but over a period of time I began to feel my old self again, someone who busies about. I shall keep in touch with Cora and if I start to fall back into bad habits I shall turn to her again. Adele H, Canterbury, Kent.
(Update from Adele H:
I've been meaning to tell you, since I have been on this diet my blood sugar levels are such that my doctor said he would not believe I was a diabetic they are so good. So there you are! Thank you for that.)
- Cora has been wonderful at guiding me through a process of improving my digestion, resulting in me being able to leave medication behind - something I had been unable to do by myself, for over two years. She has been patient, thorough and caring in determining my needs and giving me appropriate advice, individualised action plans and guidance. It has been wonderful being able to work with her via Skype. I highly recommend working with Cora! SD London
- I started working with Cora following surgery and chemotherapy for bowel c*****. I had already realised that diet was going to help prevent the c***** returning and had made a start. It was suggested I visit a nutritionist, and located Cora as the closest fully qualified practitioner to us. She commended what I had already done and built on it from there. Her approach is sensible and sympathetic, not dogmatic or extreme in any way. She takes her time, listens well and is very thorough. She has never tried to persuade me to do anything I was unwilling to try at the time. Her rates are extremely reasonable. She takes a personal interest in her clients, and is always happy to follow up by email. Does it work? Well, at 70 I am lighter and fitter (apart from a few niggles that I would still put down to chemotherapy) than for a long time. Two years on, there is no sign at all of the c***** returning. I am sure that Cora's input has made a major contribution to this. Tim M, Rochester
- Cora has helped me tremendously over the past few months. I am suffering an immune disease problem and she had helped me cope with supplementation and nutrition. She is always there for me when I need her and is a very knowledgeable and compassionate. I would thoroughly recommend her. Christine C, Chatham
- What a help Cora has been in helping me manage and alleviate my long term I B S symptoms. Not only is she very well Informed about the nutrition field and can consider the multiple factors involved in ill health, but she is a great listener and her assistance often went beyond the call of duty. Raza G, Chatham
- I first contacted Cora Weekes on the 5th January 2015, as my weight was spiralling out of control at 16st 12lbs. I'm 5'5" high, aged 76. I also have type 2 D, due to my weight my blood readings were high most mornings between 8.6 and 11. My bedtime readings were about the same; my overnight insulin on average was between 30 to 40 units. On my first visit with Cora Weekes we discussed my medical history and a daily diet that was tailored around my D. It's now 8 months later and my weight is 11st and my type 2 D is now under control, I no longer take insulin, my readings 5 to 7. Tim Jackson, Chatham
- Hi Cora, just a note to say thank you for your wonderful advice. I think everyone would benefit from such advice. My digestion is better and my weight gradually going down. It's great that people can change their bad eating habits and be happier and healthier. Geoffrey B, Gillingham
- I first contacted Cora some 9 months ago as I was having stomach discomfort. She immediately recommended a wheat and dairy free diet during the initial telephone consultation which has proved to be very accurate. At our first appointment, she went into great detail on my symptoms and recommended dietary changes and supplements. This and our subsequent sessions have meant I am virtually trouble free and can now retry different varieties of food again. The world of difference! Chris C, Headcorn
- I contacted Cora for help, having experienced increasing fatigue which was impacting on all aspects of my life including my mood. I have always tried to maintain healthy lifestyle but I lost focus due to pressures at work, master’s studies balanced with family life. At the same time, I promised to support a friend to run half marathon so I knew that things needed to change! For this reason, I chose the package of three sessions to make sure that I get on top of my diet and health. Cora gave me expert advice and was spot on with her recommendations as I started to notice changes in how I feel very soon after the first appointment. I can only describe Cora as professional, caring and very knowledgeable! Thank you for taking the time to work with me. I highly recommend your services. Ida B., Wouldham
- Cora has helped me with several issues regarding digestion and general health. I found our sessions very enjoyable and informative. Cora spent time and was very thorough in her investigations. I would thoroughly recommend her. Christine D., Chatham
- Cora helped me tremendously with my head aches, fatigue and various gastro-intestinal problems. I was guided what supplements to use and they worked really well; also I have lost weight without even trying. It is truly life changing. Margaret Cnatalska, Sheldwich
- Cora has hugely improved my digestion and advised on lifestyle, diet and supplements to kick-start my body into working as it should. My I.B.S. symptoms have been eradicated, and Cora has taught me how to eat in order to maintain this. In the coming months I am even hoping to re-introduce some foods that I haven't been able to eat for many years. Highly recommended. Jody Page, Maidstone
- Cora helped me to look at my overall health and nutrition in a new way and supported me through the necessary changes that I needed to make to achieve my goals. Cora's excellent knowledge and supportive approach was very much appreciated and can be thoroughly recommended. Andrew S, Chatham
- I would highly recommend Cora. I initially went to her with a skin issue. After an in-depth assessment Cora advised me a detox would be the best route, to help balance my hormones/insulin levels. She has been very supportive throughout, offering advice over email following the consultations. The plan has helped me enormously, I feel better than ever and have noticed a huge difference in my skin’s appearance. In addition, I’ve lost weight and feel my health has improved. Thanks for all your assistance, Cora! Emma A, Maidstone
- Thank YOU! You're the one who helped us change our eating habits and lifestyle and seeing and feeling the benefit! We both feel great! All the very best! C & J E, Chatham
- Just an quick update I’m doing really well though I put on 3lb over Christmas and new year I have lost nearly a stone since I saw you. My tummy and bowel is the best it’s ever been and I am enjoying a lot of the foods you have suggested. I think the best change was to swop diet fizzy drinks with carbonated water with slices of lemon and lime my thirst is quenched better and my tummy does not hurt either. My mood has also improved immensely, it all seems very positive. Dawn D, Chatham