Suzanne Anderegg RNutr
I am an experienced Registered Nutritionist (RNutr) accredited by the Association for Nutrition. I have worked for many years with children and families, most recently for the Paediatric Dietetic Department of Milton Keynes University Hospital. I help children and families achieve a healthy diet and meet their individual health needs.
I also have a particular focus on children who compete in sports and advise on the nutritional needs of young athletes. I have delivered nutrition sessions to young athletes from Marshall Milton Keynes Athletics Club and nutrition training to students from the Royal Latin School participating in the expedition element of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
Since 2018, I have worked freelance and created the nutrition consultancy Just add water®. My 1:1 consultation work is mainly focused on helping families whose children:
- are fussy or selective eaters
- are struggling with complementary feeding (‘weaning’)
- have food allergies or intolerances
- are under/overweight
- have poor diets
- play sports competitively
If your child has other dietary issues not listed here, please contact me to see if I can help.
I can provide:
- Detailed dietary assessments and nutritional analysis of your daily intake
- Comprehensive nutrition advice with practical meal plans, menus, supporting diet sheets, nutrition resources and help with decoding food labels
- Tailor-made recipes that are tasty, easy to prepare and fit in with your lifestyle
- 1:1 cookery lessons
Please email me to arrange an initial complementary telephone consultation to discuss your needs and book a 1:1 appointment.
The first 1:1 appointment normally lasts 1 hour and any follow-ups are usually 30min.
My consultation work for groups includes:
- Nutrition training sessions and workshops for children, coaches and parents on how to support young athletes in training and competition.
- Nutrition training session for young people participating in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Bronze and Silver level expeditions.
Please email me with any group enquiries or to book a training session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Nutritionist (Public Health) RNutr Association for Nutrition (AfN) The AfN holds the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists, the only register of qualified nutritionists recognised by Public Health England, NHS Choices and NHS Careers.
- MSc in Public Health Nutrition with Merit from the University of Westminster
- Dietetic Support Worker Award, The British Dietetic Association
- DofE Accredited Expedition Assessor for Bronze and Silver Awards
- CIEH Food Safety in Catering Level 2
Association for Nutrition
The Association for Nutrition is the professional body for the regulation and registration of nutritionists, including public health nutritionists, exercise nutritionists, and animal nutritionists.
The Association aims to protect the public and promote wellbeing by admitting to the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN) only those who demonstrate high ethical and quality standards, founded on evidence-based science.
It sets proficiency and competence criteria, promotes continuing professional development and safe conduct, and accredits university undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Available on request.
I write the Just add water® blog (https://justaddwaterblog.com/) which is aimed at sharing nutritional advice and information with other busy and active families. I am also working on a related cookbook because as a parent of three very sporty children, I understand the challenges of trying to prepare easy meals that are both healthy and tasty when time is very limited.
I previously cooked as a profession whilst a student and have expertise in cookery and recipe writing. I have taught cookery to children in primary schools and an after school ‘grub-club’, in SureStart children's centres and for children and adults for the NHS.
My recipes have been published in the media including several in the former supplement of The Guardian newspaper, Cook, and one of my recipes was chosen to feature in the 2012 Waitrose LOVE life calendar for July. I was also a National Finalist Keen Home Cook for the 2019 Teflon Diamond Standards Awards culinary competition.