Marissa-Catherine Carrarini NT DipCNM
0207 407 9910
I am a naturopathic nutritional therapist with a diploma in naturopathic nutritional therapy from the College of Naturopathic Medicine.
I work with clients who have issues with mental health and I have ten years experience of working with this vulnerable client group. I work privately in London Bridge and I also work at The Recover Clinic, an eating disorder day patient service in Kensington.
I specialize in clients with disordered eating and substance dependance, but I have experience of working with a range of mental health issues.
I create a safe and calm space to explore the nutritional and self-care aspect of mental health treatment.
For all clients, I use food (and occasionally supplements) as part of the solution to feeling better. I also work with some lifestyle habits. In doing so, I strive to support the client to discover their own well, their own normal and their own wants & tastes.
My goal is to help the client to feel empowered to make life long changes for herself.
In all instances I work with and not against medication.
For disordered eating clients, I do the following:
1. Ensure the client understands what they should be eating for their body at that particular point in time and for the future
2. Ensure the client understands why they need to eat and why they need to eat certain foods (and perhaps why they need to eat at certain times)
3. I help the client relearn to listen to their appetite and how to respond to it in a happy, relaxed, nourishing and safe way
4. I help the client break free of negative habits and fears
5. I help the client learn the physical reasons why clients may be stuck in a binge/purge/starve cycle, how to prevent this & how to break free
6. I use education to work against damaging food culture / diet culture
7. I help the client regain their sense of taste & smell and enjoyment in shopping, cooking eating food.
I work with clients at all stages of their recovery – unless there is a need for impatient support.
Most mental health clients also have issues with their physical health, such as gut issues or hormonal issues. Working with these issues, is an important part of the support I provide.
Most important, I work slowly and I strive to follow the individual’s ability to make changes as opposed to imposing any rules, plans or strict measures.
I only see clients on a one to one basis, however I am happy to work closely with family members, if that is appropriate. All clients must be 18 years old or above.
I (almost) always work along side psychological professionals and GPs. If you are not seeing a psychotherapist or psychologist, I can recommend some who will fit your needs and availability.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy, Centre for Naturopathic Medicine.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
£150 for 90 minute initial assessment session
£90 per hour
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||No|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Thursdays and Fridays