RD MSc Clinical Nutrition
Every professional displayed on Nutritionist Resource has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Nutritionist Resource has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Available for new clients
This professional is available for new clients.
Available for new clients
This professional is available for new clients.
Joana is a Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC) Registered Dietitian in the UK, naturally from Portugal. She has more than 12 years of working experience in the UK and Portugal.
Joana holds a Masters' degree in Clinical Nutrition and possesses a vast experience on weight management. After working in a weight management clinic at Harley Street in London for a couple of years, Joana moved to Northampton and founded Your Diet Advice.
Main areas of expertise:
- Healthy eating & lifestyle
- Weight management
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Heart health/Cholesterol/High blood pressure
- Older People Nutrition
- Nutrition Analysis of Recipes & Menus
- Food Business Consultancy
Online nutritional appointments in Portuguese and English.
Personalised meal plan with recipes, guide to portion sizes and nutritional tips & advice tailored to your nutritional needs, lifestyle and health objective.
Unlimited weekly support & coaching by phone / email / text.
My weight dropped from 90kg to 71kg, with Joana's help and orientation. I had tried fad diets and others before, but obviously it didn't work. This time, I lost weight in a healthier way. Joana is always available to answer any question. Excellent professional. There isn't much I can tell, looking at the pictures.
Excellent professional, calm, objective and pleasant. In a few months I saw my body changing and I'm very happy with my much healthier lifestyle.
I started my food education with Joana about a year ago and I had surprisingly and satisfactory results, achieving my objective on losing weight and measures. Joana is a great professional, besides her kindness and friendly manner, she gives you confidence and determination to you to continue the treatment, always answering any question and adjusting your life with healthy food. Highly recommended!
Hi Joana, I really want to thank you for all the support you have given me during the whole process of losing weight. I started the first consultation in February this year (2017) and lost 14kg (this was my goal). What I was looking for when I started in February, was to lose weight in order to gain mobility because of my knee problem, the more weight I had, the more I was hindering my professional and personal life. My craving for sweets were changing my mood constantly and I also used to spend many hours without eating. At the first consultation I felt empathy for Joana's professionalism, friendly-manner and good sense of humour. My diet plan was always adapted to what I already ate with small changes that had a great effect on my weight loss. Joana always analysed the changes that were making the diet plan and the effect it had on me. I was very impressed with the dedication that Joana had on sending emails regularly a follow-up plan, which had a big effect on the results. What else kept me motivated was sharing my weight weekly and receiving congratulations on my results. That made me always super proud of me and gave me more strength and motivation to continue. I relearned how to shop and to vary the foods I used to buy, challenging me to try different vegetables for example, and taking home only what is good for me.
I super recommend Joana, in my case I wanted to lose weight and I didn't only lost 14kg but also left the consultations feeling more aware of what I am and how I am able to keep the weight (finally). I am very happy to have had the help of Joana and I hope she continues to mark people's lives in such a positive way.
-Maria Alice dos Santos
Training, qualifications & experience
- Clinical Dietitian and Founder of Your Diet Advice, from November 17 until present
- Senior Dietitian Healthcare, Elior, Caterplus, UK, from Aug 17 to April 2020
- Clinical Dietitian,Harley Street from May 13 to August 17
- Regional Healthcare Dietitian, ISS Healthcare, Sept 15 to Aug 17
- Catering Dietitian,Aramark, Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability, May 13 to Sept 15
- Paediatric Dietitian,Barts Health NHS Trust, July 12 to Apr 13
- School Dietitian,School of Águas Santas,Porto, Sept 10 to Aug 11
- Dietitian, Hospital S. João, Porto, Feb 09 to Jul 10
MSc Clinical Nutrition, Faculty of Nutrition and Food Sciences University of Porto, September 2009 - June 2011
BSc Nutrition Sciences, Faculty of Nutrition and Food Sciences University of Porto, September 2005 - September 2009
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
From £44.10 to £559.07
Free initial online session
Your online consultation includes:
- Nutrition assessment
- Evaluation of your food habits and metabolic rate
- Strategies to help you to improve your health
- Personalised dietary advice
- Personalized meal plan (optional)
- Education on adopting healthy eating & cooking habits / portion sizes
- Healthy recipes
- Individual weekly support via app, phone, text or email
- Access to Nutrium App with access to meal plan and to monitor your progress (optional)
- Join an online weight loss support group (optional)
Online zoom consultations 60 minutes, each
- One online consultation £100.62
- One online consultation + meal plan £144.72
- Two online consultations + meal plan £223.75 (save £21.59)
- Three online consultations + meal plan £313.02 (save £33.9)
- Six online consultations + meal plan £559.07 (save £88.75)
- Meal plan (only) £44.1
For workshops, business consultancy, and nutritional analysis of menus, please send me a private message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When I work
- Co-author of Manual of Dietetic Practice on the chapter Food Service in Hospitals and Institutions, Manual of Dietetic Practice, 6th edition, published 2019
- Co-author of Nutrition Labelling Toolkit for Healthcare Catering, published on June 2016 by BDA Food Services Specialist Group
EN website/blog: yourdietadvice.com
PT website/blog: pt.yourdietadvice.com
IG: @your_diet_advice ¦ FB: @yourdietadvice
YouTube Channel: Your diet advice