Joana Jardim RD MSc Clinical Nutrition
Joana is a Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC) Registered Dietitian in the UK, naturally from Portugal. She has 10 years of working experience in the UK and Portugal.
She combines her full employment as a Senior Healthcare Dietitian in the food service's sector with her private practice at Your Diet Advice.
Joana holds a Masters' degree in Clinical Nutrition and possesses a vast experience on weight management. After working in a weight management clinic at Harley Street in London for a couple of years, Joana moved to Northampton and founded Your Diet Advice.
She is also an active member of British Dietetic Association(BDA), committee member of Food Services Specialist Group, member of Older's People BDA Subgroup. And also a member of Toastmasters International, Northampton Speakers.
Main areas of expertise:
- Healthy eating & lifestyle
- Weight management
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Childhood nutrition
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Heart health/Cholesterol/High blood pressure
- Older People Nutrition
- Nutrition Analysis of Recipes & Menus
- Food labeling
- Food Business Consultancy
Online nutritional appointments in Portuguese and English.
Personalised meal plan with recipes, guide to portion sizes and nutritional tips & advice tailored to your nutritional needs, lifestyle and health objective.
Unlimited weekly support & coaching by phone / email / text.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Clinical Dietitian,Your Diet Advice, from November 17 until present
- Senior Dietitian Healthcare, Elior, Caterplus, UK, from Aug 17 to present
- Clinical Dietitian,Harley Street from May 13 to August 17
- Regional Healthcare Dietitian, ISS Healthcare, Sept 15 to Aug 17
- Catering Dietitian,Aramark, Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability, May 13 to Sept 15
- Paediatric Dietitian,Barts Health NHS Trust, July 12 to Apr 13
- School Dietitian,School of Águas Santas,Porto, Sept 10 to Aug 11
- Dietitian, Hospital S. João, Porto, Feb 09 to Jul 10
MSc Clinical Nutrition, Faculty of Nutrition and Food Sciences University of Porto, September 2009 - June 2011
BSc Nutrition Sciences, Faculty of Nutrition and Food Sciences University of Porto, September 2005 - September 2009
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Your consultation includes:
- Free 15 min call prior the consultation
- Food diary and health questionnaire (to be filled prior consultation)
- Nutrition assessment
- Personalised diet plan
- Guide to portion sizes
- Diet advice and nutrition tips
- Dedicated weekly support via phone, text or email
On-line Skype consultation 60 min
- One appointment £125 (if no meal plan is required, price can be discounted to £85)
- Two appointments £220 (save £15)
- Three appointments £300 (save £25)
For workshops, business consultancy and nutritional analysis of menus, please send me a private message on email@example.com.
- Co-author of Manual of Dietetic Practice on the chapter Food Service in Hospitals and Institutions, Manual of Dietetic Practice, 6th edition, published 2019
- Co-author of Nutrition Labelling Toolkit for Healthcare Catering, published on June 2016 by BDA Food Services Specialist Group
EN website/blog: yourdietadvice.com
PT website/blog: pt.yourdietadvice.com
IG: @your_diet_advice ¦ FB: @yourdietadvice
YouTube Channel: Your diet advice