Hannah Crabtree BSc (Hons) Dip ION mBANT CNHC
4 Orchard Lane
I am Hannah Crabtree, a registered nutritional therapist working mainly with women who would like help to balance their hormones or who would like to boost their chance of getting pregnant.
I am passionate about health eating and its potential to promote well being - and I love food and believe that delicious, nutritious food is absolutely at the heart of improving health and well-being for the long term. I aim to work with you to make small but effective changes to your diet and lifestyle that deliver on taste as well as make you feel fantastic.
The women I work with are often tired and stressed, coping with symptoms of monthly mood swings or hot flushes; have gut problems or just generally feel under the weather. On top of this they are trying to get pregnant and nothing is working, or they are juggling busy family lives and/or careers. We work together to help to get their bodies back into balance, by making small but effective changes to their diet and lifestyle to rebalance their hormones, so that they feel re-energised and radiant, they have clearer skin, better digestion, improved sleep, better mood and they feel in control of their weight.
For those clients who would like to boost their chances of getting pregnant we work on getting their bodies into tip top condition for pregnancy.
During one to one consultations I will work closely with you to understand your personal health goal and together we will create a personalised nutrition programme to target your goal in a way that is realistic, practical and achievable for you, taking account of your individual symptoms, diet, lifestyle and preferences.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Hons Food Science and Marketing.
- DipION - Diploma in Nutritional Therapy from the Institute for Optimum Nutrition - I graduated with distinction.
- Registered Foresight Preconception Practitioner - working to optimise fertility naturally and boost chances of a successful pregnancy.
- I am a member of BANT (British Association of Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy) and a registered practitioner with the CNHC (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council).
- As well as working in my own practice in Amersham, Berkhamsted I also work at Champneys Health Spa in Tring as a nutritionist where I run interesting Nutrition talks, conduct one to one consultations and carry out nutritional testing.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Anaemia *
- Coeliac disease *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- High blood pressure *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
I have a range of programmes on offer so please do feel free to contact me for a free 15 minute consultation to see if I can help you and discuss your particular requirements.
Initial consultations start from £85 depending on the location, whereas programmes offering 8-12 weeks of support following the initial consultation start at £160.
In addition to one to one consultations I also run: nutrition workshops (eg nutrition to boost immunity, food for fertility, food for the brain); nutrition programmes (such as A Healthy New You - a 2 week clean eating programme and give nutrition talks at schools, clubs and workplaces. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
I went to see Hannah as I had been suffering from a long-term health issue which I hoped a change in diet may help. Throughout a number of appointments, Hannah explained how eating the right foods and supplementing my diet may help my symptoms. She advised me with simple and easy to achieve dietary changes which, over a period of time, has led to a considerable reduction in my symptoms.Hannah was very professional and supportive during my appointments, and it was obvious that she undertook research relevant to my condition between formal appointments. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Hannah in the future. Rebecca, Princes Risborough
Hannah was really supportive and encouraging. She advised me on changes that I could make to my diet to address my health issues and provided me with lots of information and recipes on how to achieve it. My symptoms have dramatically reduced since meeting Hannah. I would definitely recommend Hannah. As well as helping me to feel better, She easy to talk to and explains everything very clearly. I have learnt a huge amount about nutrition through Hannah. Claire, Middlesex
I went to see Hannah because I had periods of feeling quite low. I was very pre-menstrual and constantly felt very tired mid afternoon. I was also constipated. Hannah recommended changes to my diet that were very simple to put in place and I really feel so much better. More energy, I don’t feel irritable around the time of my monthly cycle and I have regular bowel movements. I would recommend Hannah because she is very kind, gentle and considerate. She is also very encouraging. Louise, Chalfont St Giles
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Amersham, Berkhamsted and London Clinics Skype/Telephone consultations available