Every professional displayed on Nutritionist Resource has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Caroline Gillies is a Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist. She graduated with a postgraduate Bachelor of Science Honours degree from the University of Cape Town, a global leader in nutrition and dietetics, making her a highly qualified health care professional and an expert in nutrition.
Caroline brings over a decade of knowledge and experience to her current private online consulting business where she’s dedicated to educating and inspiring her clients on how to eat and live well.
Recent client reviews:
Weight loss - (1) "Having been a yo-yo dieter for most of my adult life, and more recently being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and high blood pressure I was looking for more than a one-size fits all diet, and Caroline fitted the bill perfectly. She listened to my concerns and requirements and came up with a brilliant eating plan. She was never judgemental and always available to answer questions. As much as I was looking to lose weight, feeling healthy and knowing I was eating the right things for my body was my main priority. Caroline just got that and the diet and information sheets were really helpful and straightforward to use. I have now lost 1 stone in weight and more importantly feel amazing! Thank you Caroline."
(2) "Caroline was positive, practical, non-judgemental, and willing to adapt her approach for a neurodiverse teenager, (and mum). We are both really pleased with our weight loss, and with our better undertanding of how to manage our individual weight loss without feeling deprived. We are well on our way to achieving a healthy BMI."
(3) "Caroline is incredibly knowledgeable, patient and thorough in her approach. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her."
IBS - "I had a really good consultation with Caroline. She understood my IBS problems and had obviously read my pre-consultation notes and was ready with excellent help and advice.I am sticking to the suggestions she made and using the FODMAP app and it is definitely having a positive effect. 10/10 highly recommended."
IBS -"I found Caroline extremely helpful and easy to comprehend. I also learned much about my own dietary habits…..about which I had hitherto given little thought ! I look forward to following her instructions ( which were delivered in a very non-dictatorial way ) and seeing them bear fruit …..fruit being the relevant word!"
Weight gain - "Caroline has been brilliant in advising us on nutrition for our underweight late teen son. Exactly grasped the issues and gave constructive and helpful advice. He is slowly putting on weight, she was very good on her interactions with him, he has taken her advice and it is working".
Women's health -"Kindly delivered, evidenced based dietary advice. Caroline helped me to look at a number of issues and was knowledgeable, professional and great to work with."
Diverticular disease - "I highly recommend Caroline. Very helpful, professional and very easy to talk to."
How can I help you?
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Myalgic Encephalopathy
- Coeliac Disease / Gluten Intolerance
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (low FODMAP diet)
- Healthy Eating
- Heart Disease
- High Cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Nutritional supplementation
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Pre-diabetes (high blood sugar levels)
- Pregnancy and Preconception
- Sports nutrition
- Weight Gain / Nutrition support
- Weight Loss (highly recommended tailor-made weight loss package)
I'd love to hear from you! Send me a message/email for a free 15 minute discovery call to discuss your dietary needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate BSc Honours in Nutrition & Dietetics (University of Cape Town 2007)
- BSc in Physiology & Psychology (University of Cape Town 2005)
- HCPC Registered Dietitian
- The British Dietetic Association (BDA) - Full Member
Since graduating from the University of Cape Town in 2007, one of the world’s leading centres of medical research and teaching, I have been fortunate to build an extremely wide experience base. My first position was in the immensely challenging environment of a poorly resourced community hospital in rural South Africa where my main concerns were conditions related to TB, HIV/AIDS and malnutrition.
In 2009, I worked for the NHS as a community dietitian in a wide variety of clinical settings and conditions, throughout the Home Counties and the Midlands, working with both adults and children alike.
This continuing experience has enabled me to build an extensive expertise and to remain up to date with the latest developments in the field of nutrition.
Since starting my own private dietetic practice I have had the pleasure of helping clients all over the UK achieve their dietary goals and look forward to working with you!
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
The Association of UK Dietitians
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
£60.00 - £450.00
Free initial telephone session
- 60 minutes - £125
- Zoom / Microsoft Teams / Skype Video appointment plus written report including dietary recommendations
- 30 minutes - £60
- Zoom / Microsoft Teams / Skype Video appointment plus dietary recommendations
Tailor-Made Weight Loss Package (5 virtual consultations included)
- 2 x 60 minute consultation plus 3 x 30 minute follow-up consultations plus ongoing support between consultations
- 2 x 7-day personalised meal plans, portion sizes, delicious healthy recipes, dietary recommendations specific to your medical condition/s & lifestyle
- Free use of Nutrium app
- Cost: £450
Method of payment accepted
- BACS payment 24 hours prior to your consultation
* Please note all fees reflect the actual consultation time, additional time required outside the consultation to produce a written report, compile any supporting information for you, and send a copy of the report to your GP or Consultant. Fees are in line with fees guidance from the British Dietetic Association.
When I work
Monday to Friday - 8am to 12pm and 4pm to 6pm
Online, telephone or email support.
What is a Registered Dietitian?
- The expert in nutrition and diet, able to evaluate and translate the latest research and trends to assess the importance to you, the patient.
- A degree-qualified health professional who holds a graduate qualification in nutrition and dietetics.
- The only nutrition professional to be regulated by law and governed by an ethical code giving them the legally protected title of 'dietitian'.
- A nutrition professional registered with the Health and Care Professions Council, the statutory body which regulates health professionals.
To live well, you have to eat well. But that is no easy task in a world where we are constantly exposed to misleading nutritional claims contained within the media from so-called experts who are not qualified to provide the best advice.
As the expert in food and nutrition, you can trust in my ability to provide you with the most up to date, evidence-based, nutritional information, which, when properly applied can change your life for the better. Through a process of comprehensive consultations, I provide tailor-made nutritional advice designed to meet your individual needs.
Why choose Caroline Gillies as your dietitian? In a world full of self-proclaimed experts, my simple message is that a registered dietitian is the best person to provide diet and nutrition advice that incorporates both your medical and lifestyle requirements.
Choosing the right dietitian for you is an important choice. I understand how daunting and confusing the world of food can be and I care that you make the right choices and see the results that will improve your life.
To do that:
- I will provide you with reliable nutritional advice based on current up-to-date scientific research that works.
- I am able to translate complex nutritional information into simple, safe and practical information which will enable you to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.