Caroline Gillies - Registered Dietitian & Nutritionist
My name is Caroline Gillies and I’m a Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist.
To live well, you have to eat well. But that is no easy task in a world where we are constantly exposed to misleading nutritional claims contained within the media from so-called experts who are not qualified to provide the best advice.
As the expert in food and nutrition, you can trust in my ability to provide you with the most up to date, evidence-based, nutritional information, which, when properly applied can change your life for the better. Through a process of comprehensive consultations, I provide tailor-made nutritional advice designed to meet your individual needs.
Why choose Caroline Gillies as your dietitian?
In a world full of self-proclaimed experts, my simple message is that a registered dietitian is the best person to provide diet and nutrition advice that incorporates both your medical and lifestyle requirements.
Choosing the right dietitian for you is an important choice. I would like you to choose me because fundamentally I understand how daunting and confusing the world of food can be. I care that you make the right choices and see the results that will improve your life. To do that:
- I will provide you with reliable nutritional advice based on current up-to-date scientific research that works.
- I am able to translate complex nutritional information into simple, safe and practical information which will enable you to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate BSc Honours in Nutrition & Dietetics (University of Cape Town 2007)
- BSc in Physiology & Psychology (University of Cape Town 2005)
Since graduating from the University of Cape Town in 2007, one of the world’s leading centres of medical research and teaching, I have been fortunate to build an extremely wide experience base. My first position was in the immensely challenging environment of a poorly resourced community hospital in rural South Africa where my main concerns were conditions related to TB, HIV/AIDS and malnutrition.
In 2009, I moved to the UK to work for the NHS as a community dietitian in a wide variety of clinical settings and conditions, throughout the Home Counties and the Midlands, working with both adults and children alike.This continuing experience has enabled me to build an extensive expertise and to remain up to date with the latest developments in the field of nutrition. Since starting my own private dietetic practice I have had the pleasure of helping clients all over the UK achieve their dietary goals and look forward to working with you!
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
The Association of UK Dietitians
The Association of UK Dietitians
£100.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Book a FREE 15minute assessment - email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 60 minutes - £100
- Zoom Video appointment plus written report including dietary recommendations
- 30 minutes - £50
- Zoom Video appointment plus dietary recommendations
Tailor-Made Weight Loss Package (5 virtual consultations included)
- 1 x 60 minute consultation plus 4 x 30 minute follow-up consultations plus ongoing support between consultations
- Personalised meal plan, portion sizes, delicious healthy recipes, dietary recommendations specific to your medical condition/s & lifestyle
- Free use of Nutrium app
- Cost: £400
Method of payment accepted
- BACS payment 24 hours prior to your consultation
* Please note all fees reflect the actual consultation time, additional time required outside the consultation to produce a written report, compile any supporting information for you, and send a copy of the report to your GP or Consultant. Fees are in line with fees guidance from the British Dietetic Association.
Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm
Online, telephone or email support
Book a free 15minute assessment today
A Registered Dietitian is:
- The expert in nutrition and diet, able to evaluate and translate the latest research and trends to assess the importance to you, the patient.
- A degree-qualified health professional who holds a graduate qualification in nutrition and dietetics.
- The only nutrition professional to be regulated by law and governed by an ethical code giving them the legally protected title of 'dietitian'.
- A nutrition professional registered with the Health and Care Professions Council, the statutory body which regulates health professionals.