Caroline Gillies BSc (Hons) Registered DIETITIAN and NUTRITIONIST
My name is Caroline Gillies and I’m a registered dietitian based in the beautiful county of Oxfordshire. I run a private practice out of The Witney Health Professionals Centre, located in the market town of Witney.
Why the pineapple? Well, although I now call Oxfordshire home, I was born and brought up in a part of South Africa famous for its tropical fruit farms and so the pineapple is my symbol for my love and passion for good food and my commitment to helping others enjoy the benefit of good health.
To live well, you have to eat well. But that is no easy task in a world where we are constantly exposed to misleading nutritional claims contained within the media from so-called experts who are not qualified to provide the best advice.
As the expert in food and nutrition, you can trust in my ability to provide you with the most up to date, evidence-based, nutritional information, which, when properly applied can change your life for the better. Through a process of comprehensive consultations, I provide tailor-made nutritional advice designed to meet your individual needs.
Why choose Caroline Gillies as your dietitian?
In a world full of self-proclaimed experts, my simple message is that a registered dietitian is the best person to provide diet and nutrition advice that incorporates both your medical and lifestyle requirements.
Choosing the right dietitian for you is an important choice. I would like you to choose me because fundamentally I understand how daunting and confusing the world of food can be. I care that you make the right choices and see the results that will improve your life. To do that:
- I will provide you with reliable nutritional advice based on current up-to-date scientific research that works.
- I am able to translate complex nutritional information into simple, safe and practical information which will enable you to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate BSc Honours in Nutrition & Dietetics (University of Cape Town 2007)
- BSc in Physiology & Psychology (University of Cape Town 2005)
Since graduating from the University of Cape Town in 2007, one of the world’s leading centres of medical research and teaching, I have been fortunate to build an extremely wide experience base. My first position was in the immensely challenging environment of a poorly resourced community hospital in rural South Africa where my main concerns were conditions related to TB, HIV/AIDS and malnutrition.
In 2009, I moved to the UK to work for the NHS as a community dietitian in a wide variety of clinical settings and conditions, throughout the Home Counties and the Midlands, working with both adults and children alike.This continuing experience has enabled me to build an extensive expertise and to remain up to date with the latest developments in the field of nutrition.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
- 60 minutes - £100
- Face-to-face/Skype/FaceTime appointment plus written report including dietary recommendations & additional diet sheets
- 30 minutes - £50
- 45 minutes - £75
- 60 minutes - £100
- Face-to-face/Skype/FaceTime appointment plus dietary recommendations
Tailor-Made Weight Loss Programme
- Six consultations over 12 weeks
- Two x 60 minute consultations plus four x 30 minute follow-up consultations plus weekly email support
- Weigh-ins, waist measurement, BMI calculation, individualised meal plan, food portion booklet, delicious healthy recipes, dietary recommendations specific to your medical condition/s & lifestyle
- Cost: £400 OR £500 with shopping tour (optional extra)
Method of payment accepted
- Cash on the day of your consultation
- Cheque on the day of your consultation (made out to Caroline Gillies)
- BACS payment 24 hours prior to your consultation
* Please note all fees reflect the actual consultation time, additional time required outside the consultation to produce a written report, compile any supporting information for you, and send a copy of the report to your GP or Consultant. Fees are in line with fees guidance from the British Dietetic Association.
A Registered Dietitian is:
- The expert in nutrition and diet, able to evaluate and translate the latest research and trends to assess the importance to you, the patient.
- A degree-qualified health professional who holds a graduate qualification in nutrition and dietetics.
- The only nutrition professional to be regulated by law and governed by an ethical code giving them the legally protected title of 'dietitian'.
- A nutrition professional registered with the Health and Care Professions Council, the statutory body which regulates health professionals.
Private Consultations can be arranged at the following venues:
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 9am to 3pm