Yvoni Kyriakidou ~ Dietitian and Sports Nutritionist, MSc, ANutr
I am passionate about helping athletes and people from general population of all ages to achieve their personal nutritional goals.
I come from a basketball background over 14 years competing in Greek and British Leagues, where my versatile approach and experience in sports has lead me to work with a wide range of athletes. As a basketball athlete, I have overcome many physical challenges which I use to motivate others to reach their personal goals.
My passion remains wellness, sports and health promotion through a mind-body approach to nutrition.
7-day diet plans are constructed based on the individual, taking into account their diet, lifestyle, environment and many other factors.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Greek registered Dietitian – Nutritionist and a registered Nutritionist in the UK who specialises in Sports Nutrition. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and hold a Master of Science degree in Human Nutrition (Public Health/Sports).
Also, i am currently undertaking a Doctoral Research at Westminster University for the improvement of performance in athletes and general public combining nutrition, physiology and immunology.
Additionally, I am an External Partner as a Research Assistant (Dietitian-Nutritionist) with Democritus University of Thrace, Greece, in a research project in collaboration with Hellas Gold S.A. with title: Evaluation of Eating Habits and Prevention of Nutritional Disorders and Musculoskeletal Diseases in Miners.
- BSc Nutrition and Dietetics
- MSc Human Nutrition (Public Health/Sports)
Associate Nutritionist of the Association for Nutrition (AfN)
Registered member of The Nutrition Society, UK
Associate member of Royal Society of Medicine (RSM)
Registered Dietitian member of the Hellenic Dietetic Association (HDA)
Registered member of the Union of Dietitians-Nutritionists of Greece (ed-de)
Member of the International Confederation of Dietetic Associations (ICDA)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Digestive problems *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Obesity *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Initial consultation (1 hour): £150
Includes body composition assessment and comprehensive written diet plan emailed to you following the consultation, and ongoing email support for queries.
- Follow-up sessions/Skype consultations (20-30 minutes): £70
Includes updated written diet plan emailed to you following the consultation, and ongoing email support for queries.
However, all fees are dependent on the service and the level of support you require.
- Body Composition assessment and recommendations (30 minutes): £50
- 1-1 Food Shopping Consultation: £60 (1 hour accompanied shopping around a store of your choice, helping you make the right food choices towards your health goals).
Home Visits - available on request
10% student discount
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday to Friday - flexible hours