Susan Hart, Nutrition Coach, cook and food writer MFHT, MFNT
As a nutrition coach I believe in and practice healthy eating. But why should you, your family or your organisation be concerned about what you eat? Because eating healthily helps you look and feel better.
Did you know that two out of three adults in England are overweight? This can impair well-being, quality of life and the ability to earn. Healthy eating often means making only small changes to the foods you already eat. Click here for more information about being overweight and associated health issues http://tinyurl.com/bqojfp2
Let me help you make those changes.
Whatever your unique situation is, I offer individually tailored support to help you develop a healthier lifestyle.
I provide a wide range of services using my skills as a nutritional advisor, trained chef and coach. As an experienced, registered and fully qualified advisor, I run a busy and successful practice based in West Bridgford, Nottingham, within easy reach of the M1, A52 and Nottingham City Centre. I can offer free parking
Dont just take my word for it, here's what two recent clients said after their consultations
Susan definitely gave food for thought – no pun intended – Just understanding how the body processes food and how energy is created and what can give immediate highs and lows was very thought provoking, how generally eating slower and finding out what are the best healthy energy foods has created discussion in our house about foods we want to eat and healthier eating
Susan was extremely helpful and so informative, but I never felt patronised or like I was being lectured. I obviously have made the wrong food choices and Susan helped me to see that, and take steps to address it. Her advice of ‘small but permanent changes’ has really worked with me, as it is achievable. Her optimism and positive attitude encouraged and motivated me. I’m over the moon with my weight loss - I have lost half a stone in just over a month and I’m continuing to make small but permanent changes in order to be as happy as I deserve to be.
I deliver vegan cookery classes in West Bridgford, Nottingham that will introduce you to the wonders of tofu, the delights of vegan sushi and the occasional but oh so tasty raw chocolate dessert.
The classes take place every Monday, Wednesday or Friday from 11 – 12.15pm, Tuesday from 12.15 – 1.30pm and Tuesday evening from 5.30 – 6.45pm - although the times could be flexible.
It costs £25 a session (and includes ingredients, equipment, recipes and nutritional tips and advice). My special offer is that if you block book six you only pay for five i.e. £125
Contact me for more details or to book your place 07946 301338
Training, qualifications & experience
ITEC diploma in diet and nutrition, diploma in catering, CIPD coaching and mentoring training, training in NLP, action learning set facilitator, Level 4 certificate in FE teaching. Diploma in Food allergies and intolerances
I recently obtained a Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, so I can apply CBT principles and techniques to the services I offer
I have also recently qualified as an Advanced Sports and exercise nutritional advisor
Since 2000 I have worked in the community teaching healthy eating by devising and delivering healthy eating workshops, classes and events.
Funding has come through local colleges and councils.
I am a member of the following associations
- Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT), the largest and leading professional association for therapists in the UK and Ireland.
- Federation of Nutritional Therapy Practitioners (FNTP). Membership of the FNTP is open to practitioners of Nutritional Therapy who have trained on an FTNP accredited course or who have satisfied the FNTP that their training and practical skills meet the required standard. Full members are entitled to use the designated letters MFNTP after their names and must be fully insured to practice on the public.
- General Regulatory Council for Complementary Therapies (GRCCT). Practitioners on the National Register agree to abide by a Code of Professional Conduct & Ethics, are answerable to the GRCCT ComplaintsandDisciplinary procedures, maintain their training and knowledge with continuing professional development and have in force professional indemnity and public liability insurance.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Diabetes *
- Digestive problems *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Obesity *
- Tiredness *
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
Free initial assessment and estimate of sessions required
I provide a FREE no obligation 20 minute initial consultation, either face-to-face or over the phone. This is so both of us can have an open discussion so you can understand more about my approach and the methods I use.
For one to one tailored advice my fee is £45 for a 50 minute consultation. I also charge £70 an hour for groups up to 5, but the advice is more generic. If businesses and organisations would like me to work with their employees the day/half day rate is negotiable
I currently have a special offer of three sessions for £110. This is proving quite popular as it represents a considerable saving
Home visits are also available for those clients who are either unable to travel or would prefer to experience nutritional therapy in their own home.
I offer appointments Monday-Friday daytime and three evenings per week (final appointment is 6pm).
If appropriate I will see clients on a weekly or monthly basis
For these who would prefer an email or Skype consultation my fees are the same for a 50 minute discussion. To get the most from the consultation you will need to complete a questionnaire and food diary.
I also offer a virtual drop-in consultation service. You can email me a specific question for which I charge a small fee of £2.50 per question. I will endeavour to answer within 24 hours
- What can we all do to halt the obesity crisis?
- Small but permanent changes to your diet will make a real difference
- Cholesterol – what’s the big deal?!
I am now working with a number of food outlets to make their menus more healthy and nutritious. I provide calorie and nutritional information for their recipes so customers can make an informed choice. My latest client was Treetops nurseries, Derbyshire where I created healthy and nutritious menus for the pre-school children
For more information on how nutritional coaching could help you or to make an appointment for a FREE consultation call today on 07946 301338, visit my website www.nutrition-coach.co.uk.
Or go interactive and check out my blog http://www.nutrition-coach.co.uk/blog/ and follow me on twitter @SH_nutrition or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Nutritioncoach1
Go on make a healthy change!
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I offer appointments Monday-Friday 8am - 6pm. Home visits are also available for those clients who are either unable to travel or would prefer nutritional support in their own home.