Sophie Claessens ~ HCPC Registered Dietitian
Looking for dietary advice you can trust? I'm an experienced and passionate HCPC Registered Dietitian. I run a clinic in Bristol where I help clients with diet and nutritional health concerns:
- Weight loss and weight management
- Allergies and intolerances
- Mental health nutrition
- IBS, gut health, low FODMAP diet
My friendly and approachable manner ensures clients feel completely comfortable that they’re in the best hands. Teamed with my evidence-based approach and continued fascination in everything nutrition and health, you can be sure that the advice you go away with will be sound. I am also trained in behaviour change and motivational techniques for those who need some encouragement and a little nudge in the right direction.
I have been qualified since 2013 with a BSc (Hons) in Nutrition and Dietetics at University of Surrey and have pursued a career spanning both NHS and private practice ever since.
If you have any questions or to arrange a free consultation, please contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Nutrition & Dietetics BSc (Hons)
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- Behaviour Change Training Level 1
- Behaviour Change Training Level 2
- Dietary Management and the Low FODMAP Diet in IBS (currently studying)
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- Member of the BDA Freelance Dietitians Group
- Member of the BDA Obesity Specialist Group
- Member of the BDA Mental Health Specialist Group
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Nutrition and mental health
- Osteoporosis *
- Tiredness *
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
I offer a free 15 minute telephone consultation to discuss your needs, answer any questions you might have and give you all the details you need for clinic appointments.
Fees will also be discussed during your free telephone consultation, depending on which appointment option is best for you.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|