Sheila Sheppard - NutriBaby (DipNT, mBANT, CNHC)
7 Whitebaker Court
At NutriBaby, our focus is on nutritional excellence during pregnancy not only for mothers-to-be but also for their babies.
As a population we seem to have lost our understanding of what healthy eating really means, and we are easily swayed by the food industry to eat foods that make profits rather than foods which nourish our bodies and minds.
At NutriBaby our passion is to encourage women to become healthy mums with healthy babies, nourishing our next generation.
We offer sound nutrition advice and guidance based on current research and nourishing traditions.
We offer a range of interactive talks and individual consultations in the Milton Keynes area. Topics include weaning, breastfeeding, pregnancy and preconceptual nutrition. Telephone consultations also available.
Please call or email me for an informal chat about how NutriBaby can help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Nutritional Therapy Diploma, and graduated with distinction from Raworth College.
I am a member of the British Association of Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy www.bant.org.uk and of the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council www.cnhc.org.uk
I am a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner with clinical experience supporting individuals with a variety of health concerns.
I am interested in antenatal, postnatal health, nourishing our new generations, promoting healthy eating and returning to the healthy food traditions of earlier generations.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Adult: £75 (75-90 minutes)
- Child: £65 (1 hour) under 16 must be accompanied by parent/guardian
- Follow-up Consultation: £50 (up to 45 minutes)
- Telephone: £35 (half hour)
Laboratory Tests and Nutritional Supplements may be recommended if appropriate. The cost of these is in addition to Consultation Fees.
NutriBaby Weaning Workshops for parents
Based on nourishing traditions, WAPF principles
£160 (ie £40 each if 4 in group) - 2.5 hours
Small groups, maximum 4 people (eg NCT groups)
Venue: For your convenience, these can be arranged in your home
Interactive Talks can be arranged for existing (regular) groups such as pregnancy and/or baby yoga, massage, hypnobirthing, and others - please contact me to discuss.
- Healthy Eating for Pregnancy
- 3rd Trimester - baby's specific nutritional needs in the last months; preparing for birth; post-natal healing; nutritional needs for breastfeeding; avoiding post-natal depression
- Healthy Eating for Breastfeeding plus making the most of formula & alternatives
- Healthy Weaning - including why it is so important to wait, the best first foods (not vegetables or grains), baby led weaning - who knows best?
- Fussy Eaters - possible reasons and solutions; how to hide vegetables
- Nutritional Approach to Children's Health - natural remedies to some common childhood conditions
NutriBaby's informal workshops and talks include factsheets, demonstration and food samples to try.
Talks and workshops can also be arranged for Health Professionals, please call to discuss.
Formula Milk & alternatives
Alternatives to Breastmilk
Alternatives to Formula Milk
Avoiding Nutrient Deficiencies
Probiotics in Pregnancy
Infant food intolerance or allergy
Importance of Healthy Fats
Weston A Price Foundation nutrition principles
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Normal office hours and also available some evenings and weekends: please ask - I try to be as flexible as possible to fit in with you.