Sharon Strahan, BSc (Nutritional Med), BSc (Dietetics - hons)
Health In The City
65 London Wall, Room 57
My name is Sharon Strahan and I am a registered nutritional therapist and health coach for marvellous mid-lifers who are finding that their physical health isn’t quite what it once was. I know that what you eat or don’t eat affects every aspect of how your body works –hormones, joints, digestion, skin, mood… the list is endless! And I passionately believe that you can have more control of this instead of just giving up and giving in.
Does this sound like you?
Feel like you are starting to fall apart as you get older? Are you tired all the time? Piling on the pounds for no obvious reason? Hormones out of whack? Things that used to work in your body don’t work anymore? Let me help you take back control of your health again and stop the downhill slide. Getting older is inevitable but getting sicker, heavier, and less energetic isn’t.
I offer a free 20 minute call by Skype, Zoom or phone to discuss where you are now, what you want to achieve, what you’ve tried so far. This way we can discuss whether Nutritional Therapy is right for you and how we can proceed. Please click the button below to directly book an appointment.
Book your free call: http://bit.ly/calltnt
I work with people just like you who are finding that their physical health isn’t quite what it once was. They have steadily gained weight over the years, when once upon a time just cutting back a little on treats sorted the problem. But that doesn’t seem to be working anymore. They have been busy caring for kids, grandkids and parents to have put much time and effort into themselves. Hormones have started to go haywire, they have more twinges and loss of energy. The doctor is starting to recommend this scan or that test or another medication. They look at their parents and see where they might be headed and it can be a scary glimpse into the future.
Does any of that sound familiar? Then it’s time to take back control of your health.... and STOP the downhill slide!
Yours in health,
Training, qualifications & experience
Fully Qualified, Registered Nutritional Therapist and Certified Health Coach
BSc Nutritional Medicine (UK)
BSc (hons) Dietetics (USA)
- registered with CNHC https://www.cnhc.org.uk/
- member of BANT http://www.bant.org.uk
- NgC (BANT) - Nutrigenomic Counsellor http://bit.ly/tnt-ngc
- Zest4Life Certified Health Coach https://www.zest4life.com
- Graduate of IFM AFMCP-UK course in 2017
- Member of IFM (Institute of Functional Medicine): http://bit.ly/tnt-ifm
- Registered with MTHFR-Genetics UK: http://bit.ly/mthfr-gen-uk
Completed "Nutrigenomics in Functional Medicine" programme and BANT certification requirements to become a registered Nutrigenomic Counsellor (NgC-BANT)
Currently working on course from Metabolic Healing nutrigenomics course
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
In essence every programme I offer is bespoke, but the basic framework is each programme lasts 8 weeks minimum (applied nutrition doesn’t work overnight like paracetamol!). And the rest depends on how much contact, advice and coaching you need and the complexity of your case.
One of the main reasons I do the free 20 minute call is so that we both come to an understanding and an agreement on what you want and what you need. And then we agree on a package.
- Book you FREE 20 minute call: http://bit.ly/calltnt
My programmes start at £295 and typically include the following:
- Full health and lifestyle assessment and analysis to consider symptoms, medical history, family history, lifestyle and stress
- Coaching sessions for additional support, motivation and accountability, to ensure you stay on track and implement your personalised plan (premium programmes only)
- Weight loss coaching (if applicable) to help beat cravings, eradicate emotional eating, and encourage good eating habits (premium programmes only)
- Written personalised summaries of your consultations
- Personalised nutrition advice and supplement plan
- Relevant handouts and information to support your health goals
- Menu plans and seasonal recipes relevant to your health goals
- Review of weekly food diaries if applicable – feedback and personalised guidance
- Recommendations for clinical tests, including review and interpretation of results, where applicable
- Current medication and nutrients interaction evaluation, if applicable
- Email support throughout your program
Functional laboratory testing may be recommended (using an external lab at an additional cost) such as stool analysis, hormone or nutrient profiles to provide useful further information to steer your programme.
Here are some examples of tests:
- DNA health and wellbeing profiles
- Organic Acids Test (OAT)
- Food intolerance and senstivities
- Total thyroid screen
- Female hormone panel
- Adrenal stress test
- Blood tests
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis (evaluates digestion, absorption, gut metabolism, gut flora, colonic immunology and irritation)
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
Many of these tests are ones you can do at home – urine, saliva, or finger prick. Some other tests may require a blood draw and therefore an additional fee.
Prices for these tests vary from test to test and lab to lab, so if you have any questions about any of these tests please do just drop me a line. If there is the possibility of having a test done through your GP, then I work with you to request that.
My special interests are prevention (i.e. try to prevent serious health problems from occurring or progressing) and mental health / mood.
I also have a special interest in nutrigenomics - that is the application of nutritional therapy with DNA testing (such as from 23andMe or MTHFR Genetics UK) to come up with a very specific personalised nutrition and lifestyle programme.
I have worked hard to study to become a registered Nutrigenetic Counsellor (NgC) through my professional body (BANT http://bit.ly/tnt-ngc).
Also registered with MTHFR-Genetics UK:
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I am available most evenings and some weekends. Because some clients are not in the UK I am flexible on my schedule to allow for time differences if necessary.