Selena Evans CNHC MBANT (The Jumble Of Life)
020 8858 0803
Hi, I’m Selena; Nutritional Therapist, yoga teacher and chef; based in Greenwich, London.
It is my opinion that health, and being healthy, are individualistic concepts. There is no one-size-fits-all programme for diet, exercise or lifestyle.
I started my employed life as a chef, and worked for many years in the hospitality industry throughout and following my degree, and while I studied Nutritional Therapy at The Institute for Optimum Nutrition for three years. Having juggled working long hours and studying, while trying to maintain my own ‘healthy’ I gained an appreciation for the need to be realistic.
What works for one person could be completely unachievable for another and the advice available, particularly on social media and in the news, can be so extreme and conflicting. But by educating ourselves on food – seeking help where needed – listening to our bodies, and aiming for something that fits with the jumble of our lives, we can aim for our own version of healthy.
Costs, time, convenience, other people, and a whole host of other factors are going to impact how successful making changes can be. When working with my clients I look at their whole life, not just their mealtimes, and help them to learn how to make the best choices in any situation.
What I focus on:
- Avoiding obsessive, ‘clean eating’, focusing on balance.
- Developing food preparation and cooking skills.
- Including a wide range of foods to encourage excitement and enjoyment.
- Overcoming any lifestyle barriers to positive eating habits.
- Finding ways to include movement in enjoyable forms.
- Negotiating changes that can be maintained long-term.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Cordon Bleu diploma from Tante Marie Culinary Academy.
- BA(hons) from The University of Greenwich.
- Higher education diploma in Nutritional Therapy from the Institute for Optimum Nutrition (ION) – member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- RYT200 Yoga Teacher Training certificate in multi style yoga from Mahi Yoga, Goa – member of the Yoga Alliance.
- Fully insured to practice.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
I offer a free, introductory call to all prospective clients to discuss your requirements and check that we’re well suited to working together.
Double Up - £165
2 consultations: first, 1 hour, 15 minutes & second, 1 hour
The Tri-Factor - £220
3 consultations: first, 1 hour, 15 minutes, second & third, both 1 hour
Diet Tweak - £100
1 consultation: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Following On - £75
1 consultation: 1 hour
For full consultation and package details please send me an email.
Nutritional therapy sessions can be arranged at your home or work, or in my consultation room in Greenwich. I also offer Skype consultations for follow up appointments. In addition, to complement nutritional plans, I offer home visit cooking classes for individuals or groups, and private or group yoga classes.
My website is currently being updated, however, for more information please send me an email.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Flexible and including evening and weekends.