Sarah West-Sadler BSc (Hons), MSc, MBANT, CNHC
2-6 North Parade
4 Station Approach
Hi, I'm Sarah and thank you for visiting my profile.
Are you fed-up of starting another diet, only to put the weight back on again? Do you constantly berate yourself for being unable to stick to a diet?
Let me help...
Helping people to achieve long-term weight management is my passion!
Losing weight and keeping it off is complex and not just about being 'able' to stick to a diet or how much willpower you have. I strongly believe there is a solution for everyone.
Let me help you to delve a little deeper and find a simple, yet effective strategy that takes all of YOU into account. The only successful diet that exists, is the one that works for you!
My journey so far...
I've worked in nutrition for over 10 years but it wasn't until I studied Nutritional Therapy that I started to really understand that making simple changes to what I ate everyday could really influence how I felt. At the time of starting Nutritional Therapy, I suffered from a range of symptoms including, mood swings, irregular bowel habits and fatigue (which I thought signalled the time for another strong cup of coffee!). I had also always struggled with maintaining a healthy weight and jumped on and off the diet band wagon, time and time again. I soon realised I had so much to learn and so my journey began (and still continues) to better health…
I am a Registered Nutritional Therapist with a background in food science and nutrition research.I am also a registered metabolic balance® practitioner.
I am passionate about the health benefits of eating a healthy, balanced diet and want to empower people to make food a priority in their busy lives. I am a busy, working mum of three children so the advice I offer is always realistic, practical and manageable.
A combination of diet and lifestyle modifications might help with:
- Achieving a healthy weight
- Enhanced energy and vitality
- An awareness of foods that might make you feel unwell
- Improved gut function
- Better emotional and mental wellbeing
- Supporting hormone balance
- Healthy ageing
Training, qualifications & experience
MSc Distinction in Nutritional Therapy, Worcester University 2017. Dissertation: The impact of autonomy in adults upon long-term weight management.
BSc first class in Human Nutrition, Nottingham Trent University 2004. Dissertation: Effect of long-chain fatty acids upon cognitive function in children with Downs Syndrome.
Member of Guideline Development Groups for Overweight and Obesity in children and adults, NICE, London 2012-2014
Dietary Assessment Co-ordinator, MRC, Cambridge 2009-2012
I also attend regular BANT approved lectures to keep up-to-date with the latest nutrition science.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
Initial Consultation - £85.00 (1 hour)
This is your time to talk and includes:
- a thorough review of your health history;
- past and current symptoms;
- a review of your diet and lifestyle habits;
- an action plan of realistic and sustainable changes to make until the follow-up consultation;
- your action plan will contain supporting literature, recipes and practical tips for making change.
Follow-up consultation - £65.00 (45 minutes)
Time to share with you my findings based upon the information provided at the first consultation:
- an assessment of your diet and lifestyle habits and how they might contribute to your signs and symptoms;
- a review of your current symptoms;
- fine-tuning of your diet and lifestyle recommendations;
- supplements may be recommended when appropriate;
- functional testing may be offered to see how well your body is working and to inform the best course of action for nutritional intervention. Tests such as adrenal stress index test, food intolerance testing or a gut function test, may be offered.
Kick-start package - £170.00 Includes: 1 x Initial apt.; 1x follow-up; 1 x 20 min phone-call and up to 6 emails between initial and follow-up appointment
Between consult phone-call + follow-up e-mail - £30 (20 mins)
How many follow-ups will I need?
- A follow-up appointment is highly recommended to monitor and track progress; to fine-tune your recommendations and to further support and motivate you to continue to make change.
- The first follow-up should be scheduled after 2 weeks.
- Further follow-ups are recommended at 4-6 week intervals.
- The number of follow-ups recommended vary based upon your own, individual needs. This will be discussed at your initial consultation.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I offer daytime and evening appointments.