Every professional displayed on Nutritionist Resource has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Nutritionist Resource has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hello! My name is Ross, and I am a SENr graduate registered sport and exercise nutritionist, an ISAK level 1 anthropometrist, and a UK Anti-Doping accredited adviser.
I currently work as the lead nutritionist for Wasps Junior RFC Academy whilst running my own 1-1 sports nutritionist consultancy, Perform Nutrition. Here, I provide sports enthusiasts, recreational, competitive and elite athletes with 1-1 nutrition support to improve their sports performance or reach their athletic goals, such as gaining lean muscle or losing body fat. The support I provide is personalisable, based on your goals and the amount of support you desire.
I adopt an evidence-informed approach to my practice. This means that I base my recommendations and support on the best available, current, valid and relevant nutrition science, which I have adopted following my MSc in Applied Sport and Exercise Nutrition.
If you are interested in working with me, please do not hesitate to contact me by email or phone, and I will respond within the day. Thank you!
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- MSc Applied Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- SENr Registered Sport and Exercise Nutritionist
- UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) Clean Sport Advisor
- Level 2 Food Safety, The Safer Food Group
- CPD Child Protection in Sport and Physical Activity Safeguarding certificate
- The International Society of Advancement of Kinanthropometry (ISAK) Level 1 accreditation
- Essentials of Nutrition Course, University of Westminster
- Optimum Nutrition for Health and Performance Certificate, Optimum Nutrition
Upcoming contract (February 2022); Performance Nutritionist, Table Tennis Wales
- Starting a 1-year contract with Table Tennis Wales to deliver nutrition support to their gold, silver, and bronze squad players, including one-to-one support with a Commonwealth Games competitor.
Content creator, Morehen Performance
- Writing articles and blogs for performance nutritionist Dr James Morehen.
- This process involves reading recently published sports nutrition journal articles, analysing the information, and condensing this down with practical takeaways and advice for athletes and practitioners.
Performance Nutritionist, Perform Nutrition
- Offering a one-to-one consultation service for fitness enthusiasts, recreational, competitive, and elite athletes, providing personalised evidence-informed nutrition support.
- I have been fortunate to work alongside various athletes in different sports, including powerlifting, hockey, rugby, boxing, MMA, CrossFit, and half-ironman.
Performance Nutritionist, Wasps ACE City of Oxford College
- Delivering an evidence-informed nutrition curriculum and support to the U18 and U17s academy and college boys and girl squads tailored to maximise rugby performance.
- This includes the delivery of in-person and online presentations, cooking workshops, recipes, and email/messaging support to each player, working closely with the S&C and head coach.
- Also supporting the England international players with one-to-one personalised nutrition, as part of the elite player programme (EPP).
Sports Nutrition Peer Assistant Learning Leader, Oxford Brookes University
- Assisted a senior lecturer for an undergraduate sport and exercise nutrition module.
- Supported students during lectures and laboratory sessions, answering questions and assisting with set tasks.
Performance Nutritionist Assistant (Placement), Morehen Performance
- Working with current Commonwealth, British and European cruiserweight champion boxer Chris Billam-Smith under his nutritionist Dr James Morehen.
- Communicated directly with Chris to understand his weekly training schedule, general eating habits and individual needs.
- I curated a tailored 2-month nutrition plan for Chris, providing easy to follow infographics and information on the type, total, and timing of meals during high-intensity training days, low-intensity training days and rest days.
Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENR)
The Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENR) is a voluntary register designed to accredit suitably qualified and experienced individuals who have the competency to work autonomously as a Sport and Exercise Nutritionist with performance oriented athletes, as well as those participating in physical activity, sport and exercise for health.
From £50.00 to £200.00
Free initial telephone or online session
I am currently offering the following discounts:
- 10% off for Students and U18s
- 10% off for you and a friend or family member when you make a referral
When I work
My working hours are between 8 am - 8 pm.
I typically work from Sunday - Friday.
If you are looking to connect outside of my contact hours, drop me a message, and I will be happy to discuss!