Rachel Clarkson (The DNA Dietitian) RD MSc PGDip BSc
Whether you want to improve your health, lose weight or optimise performance, you are beautifully unique and deserve individually tailored dietary advice based on real science and personalised nutrition.
I'm a board-certified Specialist Dietitian and Nutritionist specialising in Personalised nutrition, weight-loss and digestive problems such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Highly qualified in the dietary treatment of medical disease and health optimisation, I work with clients at my Harley Street Practice and internationally via video call (see bottom of page for testimonials).
Whatever your health goal, I do not judge. I respect you, work with you and give you the knowledge you need to achieve your health goals.
In my spare time I volunteer as a Dietitian at London's largest Soup kitchen for the homeless, vulnerable and lonely.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I worked within the NHS at Chelsea and Westminster hospital before setting up my private practice.
- Carrying out research on inflammation during a Biomedical Science BSc, I was eager to become an expert in preventing this underlying cause of chronic disease.
- A Masters degree in Nutritional science at King’s College London allowed me to study Nutrition at a molecular and biochemical level. I undertook now published research in epigenetics – how diet affects DNA expression.
- A further 2 years of training in Dietetics at King’s College London taught me expert skills in the treatment and management of medical conditions. I carried out clinical training at world renowned hospitals including The Royal Marsden (Cancer specialist hospital), Imperial College Trust and St Thomas’s Hospital.
Since qualifying I have continued my professional development undertaking further courses to enhance her expert skills:
- LOW FODMAP diet -King’s College London
- Food as medicine - Monash University
- Food and inflammation - Monash University
- Food and our genes – Monash University
- Work Ready (Corporate nutrition) - British Dietetic Association
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
The Association of UK Dietitians
The Association of UK Dietitians
Please see my website for my fee's:
Visit my verified patient review page on Doctify:
Joely Walker - Grazia Beauty Editor
"I've learnt so much from Rachel's consultations - how to nourish my body and all-around health. Personalised recommendations based on my DNA test made me think differently about what I put into my body. I feel more motivated than I have in years."
Tara Vaitiere - Former Miss Universe Great Britain
"I sought Rachel’s help after years of constant bloating and pain associated with food.
With Rachel's guidance, we were able to devise a specific program of what foods and in what quantities I'm intolerant to.
I discovered so much about my body and I am back to enjoying food without worrying about the consequences!"
Dr Benji Dhillon - Harley Street Cosmetic Surgeon
"I was thoroughly impressed by Rachel's in-depth analysis of my nutritional status using next generation techniques. As a result I feel better informed of how to optimise my health. Among medical professionals Rachel really does stand out given her wealth of knowledge and I recommend her highly!"
Mo Mobasseri - Cosmetic Dentist
"Rachel explains the complicated science around food and health in such a simple way. After a few sessions I had acquired strategies to overcome barriers to weight loss with personalised recommendations based on the food I enjoy eating. I've never felt lighter, or healthier."
Health Care Professional council (HCPC)
British Dietetic Association (BDA)