Pilar Manzanaro, PurpleCarrot Nutrition (BCNH, BANT, CNHC)
Pilar is a registered Nutritional Therapist focusing on how diet and nutrition can help balance women's health (including fertility, pregnancy and post-delivery) and have a positive impact on children’s health and development from pre-conception to the teen-years.
Pilar has developed a fully customised weight loss program that incorporates hormonal balancing and includes a personalised weekly menu and follow-ups. The programme has had amazing results especially for women dealing with hormonal issues.
Pilar works with children of all ages to address health issues such as allergies, growth or restricted diets.
Pilar founded PurpleCarrot Nutrition, a company that runs cooking and nutrition workshops to help adults understand how nutrition can support health. PurpleCarrot also runs workshops for children at schools.Pilar offers individual consultations to address particular health concerns as well as menu-planning consultations to help busy parents improve their family eating habits. Diet check-ups can help healthy individuals ensure their diets are nutritious and balanced to sustain their lifestyles.
As a result of her own experience working in finance, Pilar has developed an interest on how sustained stress impacts not just your adrenal function but your thyroid, fertility, gut integrity and general wellbeing.Pilar and her team work with corporates including investment banks to improve employee's nutrition and wellbeing. They deliver talks, workshops and offer corporate events including healthy dinners. power breakfasts, managing stress, healthier gut and more.
As a mum of three young kids, Pilar understand how difficult and labour intensive it is to feed the family a healthy balanced diet and offers help with healthy and easy family recipes as well as menu planning sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified Nutritional Therapist registered with BANT and CNH specialising in women's health, fertility (both male and female) and children's nutrition.
I am also a qualified NutriClean practitioner, an in depth Detox and Rebalancing programme.
I have experience working with families from the weaning years to children with ADHD, allergies, intolerances or selective eating ("fussy eaters")
Other areas of expertise include fertility (nutritional deficiencies, thyroid and other hormonal imbalances, genetic disorders) and post-pregnancy hormonal balance including weight loss.
I can carry out consultations in Spanish.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Balanced diet
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Endometriosis *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
- FREE initial consultation over the phone/skype. During this consultation, I assess your needs and determine whether nutritional therapy can help you. I also explain my approach to nutritional therapy which is a systems based approach that focus on you as an individual and not just on the condition you are concerned about. All y recommendations are science and research based, completely personalised and all actions agreed with my clients to ensure our goes and methods are realistic. Of course, there is no obligation to book a further consultation.
- £150 for an initial consultation (1hr 15min). This consultation includes an in-depth analysis of your diet, nutrient intake and potential deficiencies as well as initial assessment of hormonal balance that may contribute to your health concerns, report analysis, action plan, recipes, fact sheets and follow-up emails and phone support. Additional follow-ups are priced at £50-75 (30-45min). There are packs available for longer programmes like fertility and weight loss.
- £65/hr for private cooking and nutrition sessions where we agree on a menu based on your requirements (e.g: does, weaning, rainbow diet, boost omega-3, child friendly dishes, batch cooking, etc)
- £75 Diet MOT. This consultation includes an in-depth analysis of your diet and a report that highlights potential nutrient deficiencies as well as dietary ideas to increase these nutrients.
- £150 Menu Planning. The purpose of this consultation is to provide a 3-week seasonal menu that suits your (family) tastes, includes perfectly balanced meals (and food days too!), and allows you to cook when you have time. I gather information on your likes/dislikes and diet goals and build them all into your 3-week plan. I also provide all the recipes included in the menu planner.
My clinic is in Hampstead, a few minutes from Hampstead tube station (Northen Line) or Finchley Rd (Jubilee Line). I am happy to do consultations over Skype if travelling is not an option. Phone consultations are available for follow-ups.
PurpleCarrot Nutrition teaches nutrition at schools and help schools improve their menus and approach to healthy eating.
The PurpleCarrot Nutrition team also runs private workshops for adults on nutrition topics such as weaning, detox, family meals and healthy snacks. Our workshops include a talk on nutrition and Q&A followed by a cooking session during which our students cook a deliciously healthy meal they enjoy for lunch afterwards.
PurpleCarrot Nutrition also runs corporate workshops including talk on nutrition and cooking and nutrition events.
We run weaning workshops are different locations in London for parents groups or other associations.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Tuesday, Weds and Thursdays 9-4pm, Saturdays 9-1pm Tuesday - Evenings on request