Paula Porter Nutritional Therapist Dip CNM, MBANT, CNHC
Hi, I'm Paula. I have a rural practice at my home on the Shropshire/Worcestershire/Herefordshire border and I also see clients via video calling. I advise my clients on how nutrition and lifestyle changes can help them reduce symptoms in lots of different health problems. I specialise in Weight Management and Migraine. I suffered with migraine all my life from 9 years old until I changed my own diet and lifestyle and I have also struggled with my own weight since a child so I understand my clients struggles.
Training, qualifications & experience
3 year diploma course with CNM.
10 years weight loss management experience.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Free no obligation 15 min discover call to see if what I offer is what you are looking for and if I am the right person to help you.
Nutritional Therapy Package £90
This includes a 60-90 minute initial consultation where I will:
- Take a full medical history
- Find out your food likes and dislikes
- Discuss your current health challenges
- Discuss your lifestyle/exercise and family situation
- Discuss the goals you would like to achieve with my help
I will then put together an individual plan and email it to you, then we will have a call/video call to discuss the plan.
4-6 weeks later we will meet again to see how things are going and how you are feeling. In between these sessions I will give ongoing support if needed in the form of a phone call, email etc
If more sessions are needed these can be bought individually.
Weight Loss Package £125
I offer a 12 week bespoke weight loss package which includes:
- Weight history questionnaire and food diary to fill in before your appointment
- 60 - 90 min appointment when we will discuss your questionnaire, find out the foods you like and dislike, the difficulties you have with your weight, your lifestyle and family commitments that compromise your eating habits.
- I will then write a personal plan and email it to you with the foods you should be eating, shopping lists, recipes etc to get you started.
- We will then have phone conversation to discuss the plan to ensure you understand what you need to do and negotiate any parts of the plan that you feel you may struggle with
- You will weigh yourself at home
- We will then have a weekly phone/video conversation to discuss how the last week went and set you up for the the next week.
- In between calls you will have access to a private Facebook group where myself and other clients p help each other and post recipes and tips etc
- At the end of the 12 week you can choose to buy another course at a discounted price if you have still not reached your weight loss goal.
When I work
My working hours are flexible if you are unable to come during the day. Get in touch and we could discuss your options.