Paul Foley, Dip Nut, mBANT, Nutrition & Functional Medicine, London
Functional Medicine Clinic
15a Wimpole Street
45 Central Street
WORKING WITH A NUTRITIONAL THERAPIST & A FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE PRACTITIONER
We all have the potential for extreme wellness. Just because you have seen many doctors and specialists and literally 'tried everything' does not mean that you cannot enjoy great health. There is always a solution!
I am a Registered Nutritional Therapist with BANT & a qualified Functional Medicine practitioner.
Functional Medicine is the science of using laboratory tests to determine the cause of your illness. Nutrition will form the foundation on which you will build greater health and wellness. Supplements will be the tools that we can use to address specific health issues and personalized Lifestyle interventions will be the bedrock for maintaining your health.
Test that we may run together would be Food allergy testing, Stool testing (for Gut health) Allergy testing, Thyroid testing, Hormone testing (for female/male health and or weight loss), Heart health blood profile, Energy health profile, Toxic load profile, Detoxification ability & Gene-based testing & therapy.
As part of a comprehensive clinical work up Every client who registers for a nutritional consultation will also be offered a free private holistic dental health assessment consultation worth £72.
The consultation will be carried out by Dr. Anita Shukla of Willows dental Surgery in Hereford. Anita is one of the leading holistic dentists in the country and is well versed in the importance of mercury-free and bio-compatible dentistry.
THE LONG TERM PICTURE
Unraveling the disease process takes time, skill, persistence and patience both on my part and on yours.
We will start out our journey by reviewing together a Medical Intake questionnaire, your medications and any supplements you are on. This will dictate the Advice I will give you to follow.
I limit the number of patients I see so that I can give each client the attention, consideration and care that their case requires.
WHAT TO EXPECT
A care plan that is unique and exclusive to you. The one-size-fits-all is not a model I follow.
The most patient and considerate analysis of your health that you will have ever done.
Compassionately and carefully listen to your story to identify the cause of your problem rather than treating the symptoms.
Researching your case. For every hour we spend together I will typically spend another 30 minutes researching your case. For 15 minutes after every consultation, I will write you a report and forward you your personalised healing protocol.
Your promise to me…I will recommend that you partake in your healing journey. The actively engaged patient heals an awful lot faster than the passive one. So to help you I will recommend that you read books & articles & watch videos. I will include you in on my research findings as I work on your behalf. I will provide you with a meal plan complete with a shopping list so the first month you will have new shopping and food prep practices to introduce.
Healing is based on a partnership and a process. It is a joy to watch a disease process unravel and great health take its place and herein lies my mission. To provide you with a healing strategy that delivers extreme wellness and great health.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Training, qualifications & experience
Functional Medicine University: qualified practitioner.
- College Of Naturopathic Medicine: Nutritional Therapy Qualification
- Qualified Phlebotomist (I do my own blood works for laboratory testing). Registered phlebotomist with Regenerus, Genova, Invivo, medichecks, Biolab laboratories and The Doctors laboratories in London.
- BANT registered (British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutrition Therapy)
- CNHC registered (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
- Allergy Testing: Cambridge Nutrition Sciences food intolerance practitioner
- NHS: Over 6 years experience with Nurse led units within the NHS
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Bulimia nervosa *
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|