Nicola Shubrook - Nutritional Therapy & Functional Medicine
Through my own journey I know that good health is about what we eat AND how we think, for the mind and the body are intrinsically linked - mentally & physically - and so in order to feel well within ourselves, we have to address both.
I will work with you, motivating and encouraging you forward and supporting you on your journey, and creating personalised sessions that are right for you.
So, if you:
- Appreciate the importance of investing in your health and wellbeing
- Understand that good health requires addressing both our physical and mental health together
- Are committed to making the changes needed
- Know that this is a journey. This is not about quick wins, diet plans or calorie counting!
- Are ready to begin your journey
Then get in touch for a free 30-minute Discovery Call (whcih can be booked through my website - https://www.urbanwellness.co.uk/contact-1)
I work with clients in one of two ways:
My (Re)boot package - minimum of four sessions usually over 3-4 months - perfect if you are struggling with your health and it is now affecting your day-to-day life, or have a diagnosed condition but don't seem to be getting any better - https://www.urbanwellness.co.uk/reboot-2
My (Re)connect package - 12 weekly sessions - designed for those with an disordered eating, comfort/emotional eating or binge/overeating issues - https://www.urbanwellness.co.uk/reconnect-1
Training, qualifications & experience
Nicola has a Diploma from the College of Naturopathic Nutrition and has been qualified since 2009.
Nicola is also a member of BANT and registered with CNHC.
I am also a qualified clinical hypnotherapist (DCH), and am currently studying to be a Certified Practitioner with the Institute for Functional Medicine (https://ifm.org/)
I have also trained with the National Centre for Eating Disorders.
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
I typically work with clients across a minimum of four sessions:
- An initial 90-minute functional nutrition & lifestyle assessment looking at your health up until this point, your diet and your lifestyle. You will be asked to complete a questionnaire and keep a food diary for a few days prior to this session.
- Three x 60-minute follow-up sessions whereby we meet to reassess progress made so far, and make the necessary adjustments to your nutrition plan, or incorporate hypnotherapy and stress management tools, to move you closer to your health goals.
Every session includes a nutrition plan, and email support between sessions. Prices can be seen here: https://www.urbanwellness.co.uk/reboot-2
For any clients with disordered eating patterns, comfort eating or more complex relationships with food then this is a 12-week programme meeting weekly. Please see my website for more details. https://www.urbanwellness.co.uk/reconnect-1
I am also a qualified clinical hypnotherapist and often use this, if appropriate, to help clients with any emotional issues or triggers, or if they have a poor relationships around food. All of this would be discussed in the first session if required.