Nic Everton Dip CNM mBANT, CNHC registered
2 Old Barn Way
The Practice Rooms
162 Church Road
Are you at a loss on how to proceed with your health symptoms? Do you feel tired all the time? Or do you frequently feel uncomfortable after eating a meal? These are just some of the early warning signs our bodies are giving us that our health is not optimal- and if these issues are not soon addressed, they will probably only get worse (believe me- I’ve been there!)
I first discovered the connection between diet, lifestyle and health in my mid-thirties when I was working in a stressful teaching job and completely burnt myself out which resulted in symptoms of adrenal fatigue and very low energy. I began to research nutrition and wellbeing and saw big improvements when I made some big changes. I realised I wanted to support other people too and decided to study naturopathic nutrition at the College of Naturopathic Medicine. I will support you in making sustainable changes, helping to restore balance and vitality back into your life. Special interests are digestion, fertility, hormone imbalances and M.E
How I work
I'll ask you to fill out a comprehensive health questionnaire and food diary before our appointment which will help me get to the bottom of your symptoms put together a personalised plan for you with food and lifestyle recommendations. I use foods, herbs and mostly food-state supplements in my programmes for optimal absorption.
I focus on gut healing, blood sugar balancing and liver support as a starting point and I also consider emotional health and lifestyle as part of the bigger picture. Long term health improvements are not only possible, they’re what we’ll be working on from your very first consultation.
My approach is empathic and supportive and I am passionate about the positive impact that diet and lifestyle change has on our lives. I work from The Practice Rooms in Hove (opposite Tescos) and from my home in Southwick near Shoreham.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CNM Diploma in Nutritional Therapy
- Fully insured member of the British Association of Nutritional Therapists (BANT)
- Member of the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CHNC)
- Previously a college lecturer and I have a Cert IV in training and assessment
- Completed Hair mineral Analysis training and nutritional balancing science with Mineral Mavens Academy.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
- Free initial 15 min consultation
- One-to-One Nutritional Therapy Consultation with personalised plan. 75-90 minutes £70
- Children under 16- £60
- Follow up consultations:
- Standard 60 minute meeting £50
- Express- 30 minute phone call or meeting £28
- The first 2 appointments when booked together are £115. includes unlimited email support in between appointments.
- 12 week coaching programme, I offer support and coaching every fortnight. This package includes the initial consultation, a 20 minute support and review phone call every fortnight, unlimited email support and 2 x one hour face to face follow up meetings (or Skype calls) – £279.
- Hair mineral analysis- Test plus consultation, interpretation report, mineral balancing program and email support £139.
Discounts for unemployed, students and OAPs are available.
More info about Hair tissue mineral analysis (HTMA) and mineral balancing.
HTMA is a screening test that provides an in-depth look at your individual biochemistry. Hair is a stable biopsy material and mineral levels are about 10 times greater than in the blood, making them easy to detect. Deficiencies are revealed much sooner than in the blood or the urine- offering an early warning system.This method of testing has been used for at least 100 years worldwide to screen for the level of 20 crucial minerals like magnesium, potassium, sodium, calcium, zinc and copper. It also tests for toxic metals like mercury, arsenic, cadmium, and aluminum- all of which can create massive health issues.It is a non-invasive relatively inexpensive method of testing and is very accurate. HTMA is an excellent method for assessing, monitoring and guiding the correction and improvement of one’s body chemistry before deeper imbalances set in.
HTMA can determine:
- The stage of stress and the effects on the body
Metabolic rate and energy levels
- If your diet is working properly for you
- If you are dealing with gut absorption issues
- Sugar and carbohydrate tolerance
- How well your thyroid and adrenals are performing
- Immune system activity
- If you are dealing with heavy metals- toxic metals concentrate in the soft tissues not in the blood or the urine. Hair analysis is acknowledged to be one of the few ways to detect toxic metals.
HTMA gives a view of the body over the course of 3 months and allows us to determine how well the body is utilising nutrients; whether burning through due to stress or lacking the ability to make them bioavailable.
Monitoring progress- repeat tissue mineral tests and comparison with previous tests can often provide answers as to whether improvement id occurring, why some symptoms persist, and what to expect in the future.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9.45 - 2pm, Wednesday 5.30-7pm Saturday mornings can be arranged as well.