"I strive to help people to be healthy and live life to the full without giving up good food!"
My main area of expertise is diabetes including the following:
- Type 2 diabetes (and guidelines for achieving remission/reversal of)
- Low carb & low calorie approaches
- Pancreatic Enzyme Insufficiency
- Prevention or management of diabetes-related complications e.g. cardiovascular health and renal diets
- Type 1 diabetes (including carb counting & dose adjustment)
- Pre-diabetes and diabetes prevention
- Weight loss
I am also passionate around topics concerning general health and wellbeing. This includes mental health, behaviour change and achieving a healthier relationship with ourselves and food.
I am a registered dietitian with 10 years of clinical experience in the NHS across various settings including GP surgeries (primary care), community clinics and hospital wards. I am an advanced specialist in diabetes having worked with several specialist multi-disciplinary diabetes services across London and Surrey.
I am an accomplished speaker and educator, having presented to members of the public, patient groups, GPs, consultants, nurses and commissioners at a range of events on subjects such as dietary practices, mental health and wellbeing and service improvement.
I have provided expert advice to different companies, for example to help develop new programmes and apps.
Training, qualifications & experience
University of Surrey
1st Class Hons BSc Nutrition and Dietetics
Accredited DESMOND (type 2 diabetes) Educator
Certified DAFNE (type 1 diabetes) Educator
Pancreatic Enzyme Insufficiency
Carbohydrate Counting and Insulin Dose Adjustment course
Behaviour Change Training Level 1 and 2
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
From £65.00 to £170.00
Free initial telephone session
Home Visit: £120 for 1 hour (fee may be higher depending on distance of travel)
Telephone or Video appointments:
£100 for initial appointment 1 hour
£65 for 30 minute follow-up appointment
Other e.g. Email/ WhatsApp chat Support:
Individual quote provided based on needs
Personal Meal Plan:
Cost of appointment plus £50
What to expect before and during your appointment:
1. Once an appointment has been agreed, Nicola will send over an assessment form. This form collects important information about yourself e.g. past medical history, medications etc. This allows me to give you the best possible advice which is tailored to you.
2. During the appointment, Nicola will start by asking some questions in order to complete a full assessment, this is so she can understand your current condition, your goals and queries and give the best possible advice.
3. Written information is provided if appropriate and we will discuss follow-up plans as per your preference.
Please note that all information is stored securely and is GDPR compliant.
Meal plans can be provided at an extra cost.
Payment is required prior to the appointment .