Nicky Robinson, MSc NT, BA (Hons), mBANT, CNHC
Hi, I'm Nicky, a highly qualified and experienced registered Nutritional Therapist and foodie with a passion for making healthy eating delicious, enjoyable and easy. Drawing on the latest nutritional science, and grounded in my experience of using nourishing foods to overcome my own health challenges, my aim is to inspire and motivate people to achieve better health, energy and vitality through eating and living well.
As well as helping clients to eat better for general health, weight management and wellbeing, I have particular interests in functional nutrition approaches to support gut health, immune function and blood sugar control. My approach always starts with helping clients eat as diverse a range of delicious, real foods as possible, but I also have extensive personal and professional experience and training with special diets including low FODMAP, gluten and dairy free, paleo and autoimmune paleo.
I have recently moved to Bristol and now combine my part-time nutritional therapy practice, Vitalise Nutrition, with roles leading the nutrition team at Penny Brohn UK, and MSc student supervisor. I offer personal consultation packages as well as occasional group courses and workshops. My approach is friendly, practical and supportive and recognises that we all have busy lives and diet and lifestyle changes need to fit with this. Appointments may be in person or online to suit your preference.
How I can help
- Personal nutrition plans to support specific health concerns
- Healthy eating and weight management packages
- Special / elimination diet support
- Help with meal planning, recipes, food shopping and kitchen makeovers
- Support with special diets
- Functional testing
- Nutrition talks and workshops
- Workplace wellbeing and resilience plans
How I work and what to expect
My aim is to make your nutritional therapy experience as relaxed, enjoyable and informative as possible. My approach is very much tailored to a client's specific needs and preferences, but as a guide:
- Personal nutrition plans are intended for those with a specific health concern or condition that might benefit from nutritional support. The initial plan includes 3 consultations (approx 4 hours contact time). The first appointment lasts for up to 2 hours and is an opportunity to really get to understand your health situation and review how your diet and lifestyle might be contributing to your situation. We will then discuss recommendations that fit with your needs and lifestyle and after the consultation I will prepare a written report and recommendations and send these to you along with other helpful resources such as recipes and information sheets etc.
- Low FODMAP diet plan is a comprehensive food elimination and challenge programme, specifically designed to support those with persistent, challenging gut symptoms. It uses the highly effective and strongly evidenced approach developed by Monash University in Australia. The structured programme of 5 sessions (over a 12-15 week period) includes a detailed plan, food and shopping lists, recipes and other resources.
- Healthy eating and weight management plans are for those who would like support to lose weight sustainably, or make significant dietary and lifestyle changes. I offer a range of packages with a minimum of 3 sessions, normally over 8-12 weeks. Each package includes tailored guidance and recommendations along with a toolkit of resources including recipes, meal plans and food lists
I am happy to offer a free 15 minute telephone conversation to discuss how nutritional therapy might help you and how we might work together.
After booking a consultation I will send you a comprehensive health questionnaire and food diary to complete. I use this information, along with research, to prepare for our session.
Please see www.vitalisenutrition.com or more information
Training, qualifications & experience
Nicky Robinson MSc NT, BA (Hons), mBANT, CNHC
- MSc Nutritional Therapy (distinction). My dissertation focused on a functional nutrition approach to coeliac disease and autoimmunity
- Member of British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Registered with Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Low FODMAP diet for IBS training for health care professionals, Monash University
- Registered with a range of testing providers including Genova Diagnostics, Invivo Clinical, Bioblab, Lorisian/York Test, Cambridge Nutrition Services
- Professional member of Coeliac UK
- BA (Hons) Law & Economics
- Nutrition Lead at cancer support charity Penny Brohn UK (current)
- Student supervisor, MSc Nutrition Science and Practice, NCA, York (current)
- 20 years international experience as a senior manager in an ethical business
- Lifetime interest in health, nutrition and wider wellbeing
- Enjoy cooking, walking, travel, yoga, mindfulness, reading ...and food of course!
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
Typical fees are as follows (plan costs are normally spread across 3 or more payments):
- Personal Nutrition plans cost £285 for 3 sessions (approximately 4 hours contact time).
- Low FODMAP diet plan costs £365 for 5 sessions, typically over 12 weeks
- Healthy Eating and Weight Management plans start from £225 for a minimum of 3 sessions.
Additional consultations where required are £65 or £35 for shorter Skype or phone check-ins.
All packages include detailed preparation and tailored research prior to the initial consultation, a comprehensive written report and recommendations, additional action plans as appropriate, a range of helpful 'how to' resources such as recipes, food and shopping lists, tips and factsheets etc.
Please see my website for more detailed information, click on the link above or go to www.vitalisenutrition.com.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I offer appointments on Mondays and Fridays, some Saturday appointments available. Please note that I normally have a 4 week waiting list for new client appointments.