Meredy Birdi BSc (Hons) Dietetics, NT Dip.
1 Westferry Circus
0208 064 0542
I'm Meredy Birdi. I’ve been a cancer dietitian for nearly 20 years.
When you are diagnosed with cancer, are undergoing treatment, or are in recovery, you may feel like control of your life has been taken away. You may feel confused, scared, anxious, low, angry or just plain exhausted. I care deeply about my clients and will commit to be there by your side throughout treatment, and champion your recovery once treatment has ended.
Taking back control and doing something positive helps alleviate many of these feelings. And that’s where I come in. I help you take control of your diet - to make you feel better, both physically and emotionally. There is a huge amount of conflicting dietary information out there and it can be hard to know what to believe or what is relevant to your particular situation.
Benefits of working with me:
- I have nearly 20 years of experience working in a number of university teaching hospitals in the NHS as well as private practice.
- I am one of the few specialists with dual qualifications as a cancer dietitian and a nutritional therapist. This means I combine medical insight with a holistic point of view.
- You get advice that is specific to you, not generalisations.
- You get the time you need to feel safe and reassured, not rushed in and out.
- I can work alongside doctors or your healthcare team to ensure we’re working collaboratively.
- I can advise you about nutritional supplements should you need them.
As an expert in cancer nutrition, I work one-on-one with you to investigate your specific dietary needs and show you how to put the latest dietary advice into practice in a way that works in your life. You don't have to figure this all out by yourself. This isn’t just about giving you information.
I’m here to listen to you, support you and encourage you as you take back control.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Dietetics, Leeds Beckett University
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapy, College of Naturopathic Medicine, London
- mBDA, mBANT, mNNA
- HCPC & CNHC Registered
Accredited register membership
Areas of nutrition I deal with
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
One-off appointment fees:
- £165 - Skype, Zoom or Telephone
- £195- Face to face in clinic
- Coaching programs start at £375 for a 6 week program.
For general cancer nutrition, advice and inspiration, please follow my Facebook link.
If you have cancer, or you are the loved one of someone with cancer – you can join the Nourish Club, a private group on Facebook free of charge. Advice and support for when you need it.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 9-6pm