Meredy Birdi BSc (Hons) Dietetics, NT Dip.
1 Westferry Circus
020 7030 4937
I'm Meredy Birdi. I’ve been a cancer dietitian for more than 18 years.
When you are diagnosed with cancer, are undergoing treatment, or are in recovery, you may feel like control of your life has been taken away. You may feel confused, scared, anxious, low, angry or just plain exhausted.
Taking back control and doing something positive helps alleviate many of these feelings. And that’s where I come in. I help you take control of your diet - to make you feel better, both physically and emotionally.
There is a huge amount of conflicting dietary information out there and it can be hard to know what to believe or what is relevant to your particular situation.
As an expert in cancer nutrition, I work one-on-one with you to investigate your specific dietary needs and show you how to put the latest dietary advice into practice in a way that works in your life. You don't have to figure this all out by yourself. This isn’t just about giving you information though. I’m here to listen to you, support you and encourage you as you take back control.
Benefits of working with me:
- I have 18 years of experience working in a number of university teaching hospitals in the NHS as well as private practices, and am a Macmillan dietitian
- I am one of the view specialists with dual qualifications as a cancer dietitian and a nutritional therapist. This means I combine medical insight with a holistic point of view.
- You get advice that is specific to you, not generalisations.
- You get the time you need to feel safe and reassured, not rushed in and out.
- I can work alongside doctors or your healthcare team to ensure we’re working collaboratively.
- I can advise you about nutritional supplements should you need them.
If you have a head & neck or upper GI cancer – or if you are the loved one of someone with these cancers – diet can be an even bigger challenge. Which is why I created the Nourish Club, a private group on Facebook free of charge. Simply join and get advice and support when you need it. Join here www.facebook.com/groups/nourishclub
For general cancer nutrition, advice and inspiration, follow The Cancer Dietitian page on Facebook www.facebook.com/meredythecancerdietitian/
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc (Hons) Dietetics, Leeds Beckett University
Diploma in Nutritional Therapy, College of Naturopathic Medicine, London
mBDA, mBANT, mNNA
HCPC & CNHC Registered
Accredited register membership
Areas of nutrition I deal with
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
The fee for a one-off appointment is £165 (remote e.g. Skype, Zoom or telephone) and £195 face to face in clinic.
Coaching programs start at £375 for a 6 week program.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 9-6pm