Melanie Smith BSc (Hons) Nutrition, BA (Hons) Health Studies, ANutr
I enjoy my job and I have a real passion for Nutrition. I love to help people achieve their health and wellness goals such as weight management, digestion issues or hormonal symptoms. If you want to feel more energised, manage your weight, improve your digestion or address any other health concerns then please get in touch - I would love to work with you and help you improve your health.
I am a mother of two teenagers so I enjoy seeing mothers and daughters who have decided to either go vegetarian or vegan. This is such an important life stage so all nutritional needs have to be met. I can help you understand the vitamins and minerals you need.
I am available for one-to-one consultations in Broadstone (Poole) Dorset.
Here are some lovely things my clients have said about working with me:
'I am a mature lady who had a weight problem, but with Melanie's help and advice I am slowly becoming a mature lady without a weight problem.'
'Thank you Melanie for all your help and advice. The nutritional analysis helps me stay on track with my vitamins and minerals.'
'I went along to my session not knowing quite what to expect but Melanie immediately put me at ease. Her knowledge and sense around food and nutrition has helped me change how I eat for the better. I feel healthier more energised and have a healthy eating plan that is easy to stick to and fits our busy family life. Thank you Melanie!'
Training, qualifications & experience
- Melanie Smith BSc, BA, ANutr
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition from Bournemouth University
- Bachelor of Arts in Health Science from Open University
- Member of the Association of Nutrition
My science degree in Nutrition is from Bournemouth University and I have a degree from Open University in Health Studies.
I am fully accredited with the Association For Nutrition which is a voluntary register of competent, qualified nutrition professionals who meet the rigorously applied standards for scientifically sound evidence-based nutrition and its use in practice.
I currently work with Early Years Nutrition Partnership which is an independent social enterprise working alongside nurseries giving nutritional guidance to the setting.
Once a month I also cook for 30 elderly people at a local lunch club.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Balanced diet
- Healthy eating
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Obesity *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Initial 1 hour face-to-face consultation is £60.00. Bespoke packages can be discussed after the initial consultation if needed.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday to Friday flexible. Also Saturday morning.