Maxine Palmer Registered Dietitian & Nutritionist, BSc, MBDA, RD
Hi I’m Maxine, I'm an experienced NHS Dietitian I can help you to lose weight, achieve IBS relief, and succeed at your health goals.
- I use evidence-based approaches proven to work for most patients
- I'm trained in behaviour change techniques to break down barriers to success
- I offer one to one hour long consultations in clinic or via video or telephone.
- You will receive a take home plan
- A meal plan, shopping list & any relevant resources will be sent out to you
- My clinic is in Wolverhampton and I see clients from across the West Midlands and surrounding counties.
My specialisms include Weight management and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). I am an accredited low FODMAP diet practitioner. The low FODMAP diet is highly effective treatment for IBS.
What is a Dietitian?
Dietitians are like nutritionists but governed by law, subject to an ethical code, and able to treat specific conditions with diet.
How to get started
To book a consultation or to ask further questions please feel free give a call or email on 07951 999 884, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first consultation usually involves:
- Discussion of your health goals & concerns
- Full assessment of the issue
- Addressing any barriers to change
- An outline of the treatment approach
- A specific treatment plan
- A take home plan
- A meal plan, shopping list & relevant resources sent after the session
I may need to write to your GP or consultant to recommend tests or brief them on your treatment, with your permission.
All sessions can be booked by calling or emailing me or via http://maxiitup.wixsite.com/restorenutrition
Training, qualifications & experience
NHS experience as a community Dietitian. My current role for a local NHS trust involves:
- Outpatient clinic weekly for a variety of conditions
- Coeliac group monthly for newly diagnosed patients
- Gestational Diabetes weekly group
- Home Enteral Feeding Dietitian
- Community Hospital Support
Education & Professional memberships
- BSc (Hons) 4 year degree in Dietetics, Coventry University. Grade 2:1
- Health & Care Professions council (HCPC) registered. Check my registration https://www.hcpc-uk.org/
- Member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA) www.bda.uk.com
- Accreditation from the British Dietetic Association in Low FODMAP diets for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Accreditation from the British Dietetic Association in Work Place health & Wellbeing 'Work Ready Programme'
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of nutrition deal with
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
My services and fees are as follows, all include a take home plan and any relevant dietary literature:
£75 Initial 1 hour clinic consultation
£65 Initial 1 hour telephone or video consultation
£45 Each 30 minutes clinic follow up consultation
£35 Each 30 minutes followup telephone or video consultation
£260 Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS Package of 4 x 1 hour clinic consultations
£150 Per 1 hour Facilitation of Group educational talks, workshops or presentations
~For a quote for Workplace Health & Wellness programmes, nursing home & care home nutritional support, and menu analysis please email with your specific requirements.
~Discounted packages may be available for block bookings of follow up consultations
Thank you, Maxine x