Mary Cotter DipCNM mBANT CNHC
Hello, it's Mary from Stellar Health.
Are you feeling confused about healthy eating? Have you tried everything but still struggle with chronic symptoms? A science-based, personalised nutritional therapy programme could be what you need to return to optimal health.
As a Registered Nutritional Therapist, my emphasis is aimed at uncovering and addressing the underlying cause of dysfunction rather than addressing only the symptoms.
My approach to nutritional therapy depends very much on your needs, your health goals, the severity of your symptoms, your relationship with food and cooking. So it’s very much tailored to you.
I work primarily on digestion-related issues as well as immune related, blood sugar and female health concerns.
I am passionate about helping you realise just how fun, easy and vibrant nutritious food really is.
- Nutritional Therapy consultations
- One-to-one personalised cooking classes
- Clinical testing
- Supplementation advice
- Workplace talks and workshops
- School talks
- Supermarket tours: learn to shop smarter and healthier
Clinical testing removes a lot of the guess work when it comes to complex cases and can be a great motivational tool. Some examples include:
- Comprehensive stool testing, parasitology and gut permeability
- Food intolerance
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) tests
- Thyroid and weight management
- Many others
Talks and workshops
A confident and engaging presenter, I am available to give seminars on many nutrition and lifestyle related topics at events and workplaces.
I run one-to-one personalised cooking classes to help you develop your cooking skills in the kitchen and get you exploring and planning meals more easily.
I collaborate with local schools, working with children to raise awareness of the importance of good nutrition from a young age.
I am a regular guest speaker on The Kaye Adams Programme, on BBC Radio Scotland.
Please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head over to my website where you'll find lots of newly shared recipes and articles. I post nutritional info, recipes, advice and inspiration to Instagram, Facebook & Twitter, so do join me and say hello.
Training, qualifications & experience
With a background in Marketing Management and a previous career as a Commercial Interior Designer, I became passionate about nutrition as a result of recovering from my own chronic health condition (involving food intolerances, chronic bladder and pelvic pain) and retrained as a Registered Nutritional Therapist.
My passion for nutrition and how the body works and heals led me to do a 3 year Diploma in Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy.
I am a fully registered Nutritional Therapist, a member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), which is recognised by the Department of Health.
I am a full time Nutritional Therapist. I also work for Nuffield Health Fitness and Wellbeing Centre in Glasgow and I am a member of the Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital’s Women’s Health team, which provides a holistic approach to women’s health from endometriosis, polycystic ovaries and menopausal symptoms to pelvic pain.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Initial consultation £80
- Follow up consultations £50
- Package: one initial appointment and two follow ups £170
What you get:
- Lots of helpful dietary advice that is easy to understand
- Email and telephone support to keep you focused and on track
- Delicious and nutritious meal ideas that are easy to make and suitable for the whole family
- Supplement advice
- Functional testing such as food intolerance tests and stool tests if required, using reputable laboratories
- A holistic approach to healthcare that focuses on the root cause of imbalance and not just your symptoms
- A simple and effective approach to weight management, with lasting results thanks to its focus on real, great tasting food
I am located in Newington, just a stone's throw from the Commonwealth Pool.
Free parking and pay and display parking is available in the neighbouring streets. Lothian buses 30, 33, 2, and 14 provide a regular service.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I am available on Mondays (including evenings) and alternate Saturdays. I also provide telephone and Skype consultations if you are unable to attend my clinic.