Martin Cohen Dip CNM mBANT CNHC
Gut issues can be complex, especially ones that have developed slowly. They can creep up ever so gradually and before you know it, it’s impacting your daily life. Maybe it’s niggling bloating after meals or you’re worried about going out with friends because you’re not sure how you’re going to react to the food so your social life is suffering. Or perhaps you’re experiencing several seemingly unconnected symptoms that only seem to be getting worse and more frustrating. On the other hand you may already be being treated for a diagnosed condition but are far from regaining your energy and vitality.
You may have found that asking ‘Dr Google” what your symptoms could mean only results in conflicting information and leads to a feeling of confusion and overwhelm that perhaps has left you feeling unsure where to turn next. The time comes though when you’re ready for a change and there’s a desire to feel well again and perhaps that’s what’s lead you here.
Roots or Branches?
When we talk about disease we spend a lot of the time talking about symptoms. Symptoms tell us how we’re feeling but not necessarily why we’re feeling that way. To understand the why we need to look a little deeper.
If we want to chop a tree down, trimming the branches (the symptoms) isn’t going to get us very far. This can be similar to suppressing symptoms with certain medications which may come with their own side effects. To get rid of the tree for good we need to dig up the roots (the underlying issue) which brings about a change that really lasts.
- A full in-depth health assessment to get to the root of your symptoms; this includes dietary assessment, medical and family history, sleep, stress and much more.
- Knowledge of which foods to eat and, if indicated, which to avoid - and why!
- Personalised nutrition and lifestyle programme based on your condition.
- Practical, adaptable recipes and resources.
- Support in person, via email, text or messenger according to your needs.
- Health coaching to help you fully understand your health needs, navigate the programme, identify and overcome potential challenges.
- I may also recommend some additional supplements and/or functional diagnostic testing to investigate potential imbalances.
Contact me to book a free 20-minute phone call
Training, qualifications & experience
Having completed a 3 year training program at the College of Naturopathic Medicine to qualify as a Nutritional Therapist I now practise in Wilmslow.
I am a member of the professional body BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy) and I have also reached the occupational standards of the NTC (Nutritional Therapy Council), which has strict Codes of Practise and Ethics.
I continue to grow and develop as a practitioner though keeping up-to-date with peer-reviewed research as well as attending accredited seminars and conferences around the country.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Thyroid problems *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
With complex health conditions they may have developed over years if not decades. This means I rarely see clients for “one off” consultations as I don’t feel this offers a realistic or meaningful approach to allow you to regain your health. I like to say that my approach is similar to unpeeling an onion where we remove one layer at a time and make steady and sustainable progress back to wellness and vitality.
With prices starting from £240 consultation packages are highly personalised and are designed around you and your condition.
Please contact me to book your free, no-obligation phone consultation.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 10am until 8pm. Saturday - Sunday 12pm until 6pm.