4 Meadowmead Avenue
07771558579 / 07771558579
Hey, I'm Mark,
I'm a weight loss and diabetes specialist dietitian. I mix my time between my freelance work and my NHS day job where I work as the specialist diabetes dietitian in an NHS Trust.
I also hold a degree in sport and exercise science and have worked as a personal trainer for many years. I therefore have a very good understanding of physical activity and exercise and the physiology of the body and how it works.
My practice not only helps educate you about optimal nutrition but also delves into the psychology of habit formation and behaviour change. Many clients I encounter can do with a nudge in the right direction with their diet but ultimately it is help with motivation, will power and support where I truly make a difference.
I provide weight management and diabetes 1:1 consultations, dietary programmes, diet plans amongst other services.
Typically I ask clients to commit for a 6 month period as from experience it takes this long for change to truly be consolidated. However, pay as you go options and diet plans are also available.
My style is non judgemental, supportive and friendly but if you need a sterner hand, I can certainly do that too.
Dietitians are the only accredited nutritionists in the UK. Therefore, we are monitored and accountable for our practice. This means I can only make recommendations that I think are best for my clients needs. As a result, all recommendations I make will be for your own benefit and not personal gain.
I hope to hear from you and offer a free consultation for all new clients to ensure I am a good match for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Nutrition and Dietetics - Hertfordshire University
- Behaviour change
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science - Brighton University
- Level 3 Diploma Personal Trainer - Lifestyle Academy
- Health Screening and Fitness Assessment
- Nutrition and Weight Management Award
Areas of nutrition I deal with
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
- Free consultation
- £60 Pay as you go appointment
- £300 6 month programme of input inc 6 1:1 appointments and ongoing support/diet plans/online resources
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I work mostly in evenings and Saturdays at present. This can be done in person, over Skype or on the telephone.