Lucy Sommer - Nutritional Therapist DipCNM, mNNA, mANP
Helping young adults build a healthy relationship with their body and food so that they can feel, eat and live better.
Spend the majority of your day worrying about food or your body?
Obsess over exercise and losing weight?
Feel out of control around certain foods?
Constantly pick yourself apart in the mirror?
Compare the way you look to others?
Avoid social events because you feel like you are going to be judged?
Want to obtain a peaceful attitude towards food and your body?
If you answered yes to any/all of the above then I believe you have come to the right place!
I like to take the focus away from weight loss and instead look at what is going on internally. The reason I believe diets and weight loss goals are not sustainable is because we tend to put so much pressure on ourselves to lose weight that we end up restricting loads of different foods and restriction almost 95% of the time leads to a binge of some sort. Diets have a way of making you feel that you have no willpower when actually, it’s because they encourage obsessive behaviour around food, which isn’t healthy at all. So, my focus is helping you achieve mental and physical balance, where you actually enjoy moving your body everyday and eating foods that make you feel good. Together we will look at your mindset around food and work on making small habit changes which in the big picture will make a huge impact on your health. For a lot of people, it starts with improving their mental health because making changes to your diet and lifestyle for the long term all starts in the mind. I delve into your relationship with food, your general eating habits and trying to find the root cause of any habits that aren’t helping you progress.
My job is to make this as easy for you as possible, and I understand that everyone is different. I will help you find exercise that suits your body and fit’s in with your everyday life and I will do the same with food. I ask my clients to have an open mind when it comes to food because trying different foods and recipes can be a huge game changer.
How does it work?
- Apply to work with me via the contact page
- I will arrange a discovery call with you to discuss your main concerns
- I will then send you a questionnaire to complete before we get started
- We can then book our first 1:1 consultation (approx. 2 hours)
- I will create an action plan for our time together
- We will meet for a follow up consultation every 2 weeks to maintain focus and motivation
- I will be setting tasks for you to complete between sessions to ensure progress
- Continued support and accountability - I am always here for you if you have any questions or need an extra dose of support / encouragement
- Minimum of 3 months commitment, 4 months is ideal
- Payment plans are available, please get in contact for information on pricing
Training, qualifications & experience
Naturopathic Nutrition Diploma at The College of Naturopathic Medicine, London
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
ANP - Association of Naturopathic Practitioners