My name is Lub Saeed and I am an AfN accredited Registered Nutritionist based in the Scottish Borders.
I have experience working within the private sector employed as a nutritionist for a commercial weight management company and within the third sector working for a registered charity to promote healthy eating and improve nutrition/diet within a community-setting working with individuals across all age groups.
My main interests lie in nutrition, health, fitness -all of which have been a lifelong interest and play an important role in my life. I am passionate about the area of healthy living, in particular weight management, and how physical activity/exercise and good nutrition together impact upon a persons’ health & well-being.
Through the knowledge and experience I have gained in this field over the years I am keen to make a difference and see that everyone, from all ages and backgrounds, has the opportunity to improve their lifestyle to live a healthier life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (with Hons) Applied Sport Science 2004-2007 (The University of Edinburgh)
- MSc Public Health Nutrition 2007-2008 (Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh)
Modules Include: Principles of Nutrition, Food & Nutrition, Clinical Sciences, Nutrition Policy & Planning, Epidemiology, Promoting Health of Populations, Public Health Perspectives, Evaluation of Practice, MSc Dissertation Research Project. Thesis: Assessing Body Weight Status, Dietary Intake and Physical Activity Behaviours in Gym Users and Non-Gym Users
Nutritionist /Development Officer (Community Food and Nutrition)
LCFHP May 2011 – 2013
Lead and manage the development, co-ordination, communication, marketing and delivery of cooking skills and nutritional information to community groups within the Lanarkshire area.
Go Lower Ltd (Edinburgh)
July 2010 – May 2011
- Supporting the Head Nutritionist
- Keeping up-to-date with current research & knowledge
- Customize tailored eating plans for clients, giving individualised nutritionist advice to clients
- Providing nutritional support at each phase of the diet programme to current clients
- Nutritional analysis of recipes for company website
- Monitoring of online forum on company website
- Write up nutritional information for monthly newsletter
- Write up nutritional information of new products for marketing material
Association for Nutrition
The Association for Nutrition is the professional body for the regulation and registration of nutritionists, including public health nutritionists, exercise nutritionists, and animal nutritionists.
The Association aims to protect the public and promote wellbeing by admitting to the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN) only those who demonstrate high ethical and quality standards, founded on evidence-based science.
It sets proficiency and competence criteria, promotes continuing professional development and safe conduct, and accredits university undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Weekdays -daytime and evenings
Other Areas I deal With
- Weight Management Advice
- Healthy Eating Advice
- Recipe Analysis
- Food Diary Analysis
- Weaning Workshops
- Healthy Eating/Cooking Demonstrations to community groups (Nursery)
- Preschool Groups, Youth Groups. Senior Citizen's Groups)