Lorna Ryan is a fully qualified and registered Nutritional Therapy & Lifestyle Medicine Practitioner. Trained in the functional medicine model, Lorna looks at the whole person, system imbalances and listens to her clients goals. Working together with her clients she is passionate about marrying the science of health and the art of wellbeing to fully enable clients to achieve optimal health through measurable, sustainable dietary and lifestyle interventions. Lorna advocates a whole food approach, uses supplementation where essential & underpins clinical analysis with function testing when appropriate.
Lorna welcomes anyone with an interest in discovering how working together may help them to get in touch, she is happy to discuss needs via telephone, email or Skype at no charge.
Special interest in, but not limited to:
- Gastrointestinal / Gut Health
- Musculoskeletal Health
- Fatigue / Energy Regulation
- Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrom (hEDS)
- Connective Tissue
- Dancers health
Lorna's special interests come from professional background & personal experience living with, & managing hEDS. She is committed to multidisciplinary clinical research & is an active participant & member of both the EDS International Consortium and project EDS ECHO.
Lorna draws on experiences & evidence based knowledge to offer a safe, compassionate & motivating approach for each & every client.
Consultations are offered via:
- Face-to-Face clinics:
- Mayfair, London (currently suspended due to Covid-19)
- Virtual clinic:
- Telehealth video & telephone, UK & Internationally.
Training, qualifications & experience
- DipION, Nutritional Therapy Diploma, Institute for Optimum Nutrition
- MA, Design Research for Disability, health & Lifestyle, London Metropolitan University
- Registered & Regulated with:
- The British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT)
- The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Member of:
- The British Society for Lifestyle Medicine (BSLM)
- The Royal Society of Medicine (RSM)
- Clinical member of:
- The International Consortium for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome; Diet & Nutrition working group
- EDS Project ECHO, The Ehlers-Danlos Society alumni
- Background experience:
- Classical & commercial dance
- Dance artist for 'Dance for Parkinson's'
- Lifestyle design & interior styling for health
- Full professional Indemnity Insurance
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Please contact Lorna Directly for services & fees
Concessions are offered for extenuating health circumstances, please contact Lorna to discuss.
Clinic days; Routine clinics held on Wednesday & Thursday. Appointments on other days by arrangement.