Lorna Ryan MA, DipION, mBANT, rCNHC
Lorna Ryan is a fully qualified and registered Nutritional Therapy & Lifestyle Medicine Practitioner. Trained in the functional medicine model, Lorna looks at the whole person, system imbalances and listens to her clients goals. Working together with her clients she is passionate about marrying the science of health and the art of wellbeing to fully enable clients to achieve optimal health through measurable, sustainable dietary and lifestyle interventions. Lorna advocates a whole food approach, uses supplementation where essential & underpins clinical analysis with function testing when appropriate.
Lorna welcomes anyone with an interest in discovering how working together may help them to get in touch, she is happy to discuss needs via telephone, email or Skype at no charge.
Special interest in, but not limited to:
- Gastrointestinal / Gut Health
- Musculoskeletal Health
- Fatigue / Energy Regulation
- Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrom (hEDS)
- Connective Tissue
- Dancers health
Lorna's special interests come from professional background & personal experience living with, & managing hEDS. She is committed to multidisciplinary clinical research & is an active participant & member of both the EDS International Consortium and project EDS ECHO.
Lorna draws on experiences & evidence based knowledge to offer a safe, compassionate & motivating approach for each & every client.
Consultations are offered via:
- Face-to-Face clinics:
- Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey
- Mayfair, London
- Virtual clinic:
- Skype or zoom connection UK & Internationally
Training, qualifications & experience
- DipION, Nutritional Therapy Diploma, Institute for Optimum Nutrition
- MA, Design Research for Disability, London Metropolitan University
- Registered & Regulated with:
- The British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT)
- The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Member of:
- The British Society for Lifestyle Medicine (BSLM)
- The Royal Society of Medicine (RSM)
- Clinical/expert patient member of:
- The International Consortium for Ehlers Danlos Syndrome
- Project EDS ECHO, The Ehlers Danlos Society - Diet & Nutrition working group
- Background experience:
- Classical & commercial dance
- Dance artist for 'Dance for Parkinson's'
- Lifestyle design & interior styling for health
- Full professional Indemnity Insurance
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Please contact Lorna Directly for services & fees
Concessions are offered for extenuating health circumstances, please contact Lorna to discuss.