Lisa Jack, (Bsc) Hons, MBDA Freelance Dietitian
I am a Registered Dietitian who is passionate about providing professional expert nutrition and lifestyle advice to help clients achieve their dietary and lifestyle goals. I have a Bachelor of Science (Hons) Degree in Nutrition and Dietietics and I have over 14 years' experience. I chose to qualify as a dietitian as Dietitians are very often referred to as the 'Gold Standard' when it comes to nutrition professionals.
I worked in the NHS for over 10 years in a variety of clinical settings empowering and supporting clients manage their medical conditions and improve their health and well-being. I left the NHS so that I could provide more time to client's, listen to their individual issues and provide care and effective treatments to client's specific needs. This is what you can expect in a consultation with me.
Services & What to expect:
- One to One Consultations - One hour for me to listen to your specific nutritional problem/issues and provide scientific advice tailored to your individual circumstances. I focus on your specific needs and I provide support and advice in a friendly and non-judgemental way. We work together to ensure the nutrional advice is effective and achievable, relevant to you and is able to work long term.
- Weight loss/management Support and advice tailored to your needs. Inidividual, scientifically proven tailored weight loss advice to enable you to achieve long term weight goals and end struggles with dieting. I offer a vast amount of specialist scientific advice and experience in this area - please see my experience and training in this field and my website: http://www.cotswolddietitian.co.uk. - services/weight managment.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - I offer specialist advice for IBS. I have many years' experience in helping individuals improve their symptoms through altering diet whilst ensuring their diet is nutritionally balanced. I help client's understand their IBS condition and manage their symptoms to improve their health. I provide scientific advice and knowledge to help clients feel more in control. Many IBS symptoms can be improved by making small changes to your diet or eating pattern. I am also trained in the low FODMAP diet from Kings College, London and I can help guide clients through this diet. Success of this diet is via a dietitian-led approach. Internet sources are not reliable or recommended for it's success.
- Work Place Nutrition. - I provide bespoke work place nutrition & wellness packages for companies. Supporting the workforce for optimal performance is good for business. I have helped small businesses acheive their aims of improving their staff's nutrition, dietary and lifestyle requirements. Please see my website for testimonials.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree BSC (Hons) Nutrition and Dietetics from University of Wales, Institute - 2001
- HCPC Registered.
- Post Registered training in:
- Cognitive Behaviour Approaches in Obesity Management - weight concern 2002
- Motivational Interviewing -2007 (SDS)
- Behaviour Change -2007 (SDS)
- Brief Solution FocusedTherapy - 2009 (SDS)
- Mindful Eating - 2012 (Well-Founded)
- The Low FODMAP Diet for functional Gastro-Intestinal Disorders - Kings College London 2015.
I am an experienced freelance dietitian with a wide variety of experience in the dietary management of adults with diet related medical conditions having worked in NHS Community for over 10 years.
10 years experience mainly in obesity/weight management and chronic disease management such as: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, blood pressure management, cholesterol lowering, Metabolic Syndrome, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and women’s health.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - I am trained in providing the low FODMAP diet for functional gastrointestinal disorders from King’s College, London and I have many years experience of helping client's improve and manage their symptoms and condition.
Many years experience of working in a Specialist Weight Management service in the NHS alongside leading consultants & clinical psychologists and weight management counsellors. I have gained a variety of knowledge and skills for effective treatments for long term weight loss including emotional eating. Please see my website for my experience.(www.cotswolddietitian.co.uk).
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
- Initial Consultation (face to face): £65-£75 (depending on medical conditions)
- Follow Up consultation (face to face): £50-£60 (as above)
- Follow Up consultation (phone): £30
- Email Support - initially included - ongoing support charged at varying rates.
- Seminars/workshops/talks - fee negotiable
I also practice from the Village Clinic, Tarlings Yard, Church Road, Bishop's Cleeve, Cheltenham, GL52 8RN.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 9am-6pm
Various evening appointments, please contact me to check availability.