Leanne King BSc (Hons) DIS, PGCE, RNutr
I am a registered Public Health and Sport and Exercise Nutritionist with a passion to create awareness and improve health through education, development of healthier products and clearer nutrition labelling. I believe in giving people the tools enable them to help themself which is not always a quick fix but a lasting result as you can adapt and change your lifestyle to gain lasting results that improve overall health and wellbeing. I am very passionate about nutrition and want to help people.
I abide to the Association for Nutrition's Code of Conduct, keep up-to-date with the latest research and ensure that my advice are based on scientific evidence.
I am also a fully qualified teacher and accredited with ISAK to measure percentage body fat accurately using the preferred method of callipers.
I believe that:
- Eating healthily should not be expensive
- Food should be enjoyed and not become a chore
- Diets in particular Fad diets are not the way to lose or maintain weight
- A healthy balanced diet combined with exercise will help you achieve and maintain your goal of good health and wellbeing
I have been working within the field of nutrition for over ten years and have experience on a diverse range of food products and services to include medical and consumer food products, food service and education. This has provided me with a more practical approach when advising chefs, product development teams and consumers or clients on healthier choices to meet their individual requirements
Through my experience, I also specialise in gastrointestinal health, nutrition analysis, product health claims and food labelling. I believe that effective communication of nutrition messages helps consumers make healthier informed choices and are key in improving health and wellbeing.
In 2016 I was successful in winning the communication and engagement Health and Vitality Honours award for my contribution in promoting health and wellbeing to a specific group of the population. In 2017 my weight management and reconditioning programme won the Public Sector Health and Vitality Honours.
Over the years have written and edited a number of nutrition related articles within my current and previous roles. I currently sit on the Nutritionist In Industry committee and have recently become a judge for the Health and Vitality Honours awards in which I have myself been successful in winning prior to becoming a judge.
I thrive on equipping the general public with the tools to help them help themselves lead a healthier more balanced lifestyle.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Hons Human Nutrition
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- Diploma in Industrial Studies
- Registered Public Health and Sport and Exercise Nutritionist (2479) -
- Association for Nutrition
- Member of The Nutrition Society
- Member of Nutritionist in Industry
- Registered with the General Teacher Council
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Eating disorders *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Please contact me via e-mail.
I can provide a range of services but not limited to so please get in touch:
- Weight management and reconditioning
- Sports nutrition advice
- Group seminars
- One to one consultations
- Recipe analysis
- New and current product development
- Nutrition training
- Food Legislation, food labelling and health claims
- Food and nutrition policy
- Nutrition marketing and communications
- Nutrition for differing budgets
- Nutrition for ethnic diets
- Functional foods
- Gastrointestinal health
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|