Leanne King BSc (Hons) DIS, PGCE, RNutr
I am a registered Public Health and Sport and Exercise Nutritionist with a passion to create awareness and improve health through education, development of healthier products and clearer nutrition labelling. I believe in giving people the tools enable them to help themself which is not always a quick fix but a lasting result as you can adapt and change your lifestyle to gain lasting results that improve overall health and wellbeing. I am very passionate about nutrition and want to help people.
I abide to the Association for Nutrition's Code of Conduct, keep up-to-date with the latest research and ensure that my advice are based on scientific evidence.
I am also a fully qualified teacher and accredited with ISAK to measure percentage body fat accurately using the preferred method of callipers.
I believe that:
- Eating healthily should not be expensive
- Food should be enjoyed and not become a chore
- Diets in particular Fad diets are not the way to lose or maintain weight
- A healthy balanced diet combined with exercise will help you achieve and maintain your goal of good health and wellbeing
I have been working within the field of nutrition for over ten years and have experience on a diverse range of food products and services to include medical and consumer food products, food service and education. This has provided me with a more practical approach when advising chefs, product development teams and consumers or clients on healthier choices to meet their individual requirements
Through my experience, I also specialise in gastrointestinal health, nutrition analysis, product health claims and food labelling. I believe that effective communication of nutrition messages helps consumers make healthier informed choices and are key in improving health and wellbeing.
In 2016 I was successful in winning the communication and engagement Health and Vitality Honours award for my contribution in promoting health and wellbeing to a specific group of the population. In 2017 my weight management and reconditioning programme won the Public Sector Health and Vitality Honours.
Over the years have written and edited a number of nutrition related articles within my current and previous roles. I currently sit on the Nutritionist In Industry committee and have recently become a judge for the Health and Vitality Honours awards in which I have myself been successful in winning prior to becoming a judge.
I thrive on equipping the general public with the tools to help them help themselves lead a healthier more balanced lifestyle.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Hons Human Nutrition
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- Diploma in Industrial Studies
- Registered Public Health and Sport and Exercise Nutritionist (2479) -
- Association for Nutrition
- Member of The Nutrition Society
- Member of Nutritionist in Industry
- Registered with the General Teacher Council
Areas of nutrition I deal with
Please contact me via e-mail.
I can provide a range of services but not limited to so please get in touch:
- Weight management and reconditioning
- Sports nutrition advice
- Group seminars
- One to one consultations
- Recipe analysis
- New and current product development
- Nutrition training
- Food Legislation, food labelling and health claims
- Food and nutrition policy
- Nutrition marketing and communications
- Nutrition for differing budgets
- Nutrition for ethnic diets
- Functional foods
- Gastrointestinal health
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|