Lauren Craven-Niemczyk DipNT mBANT mCNHC
I am a BANT certified nutritionist based in Brighton and Hove. I support my clients with female hormonal health, autoimmune conditions and skin health, providing research-backed advice and support. I translate complex conditions into a nutrition and supplement plan that is achievable and results-led.
The world of nutrition and functional medicine can be daunting if you’re only just discovering it. I have studied for three years for my Nutrition qualification and have 200+ hours of clinical training. I aim to empower my clients with the information they need to understand their symptoms or health conditions, and offer practical tips and resources to support their own health.
There is a strong ‘therapeutic’ aspect to Nutritional therapy: often people do not get an outlet to voice their health worries and suffering day to day. 1:1 consultations are a safe space to open up and discuss your full health history with a practitioner and specifically what you’d like to achieve to improve your health and wellbeing. This could be more energy, reduced levels of auto-immune antibodies, clearer skin, less painful periods: they are individual to you.
Please drop me a message or browse my website to see if I can help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- DipNT with College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM). This was a 3 year course, including 200 hours clinical practice.
- Member of the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT)
- Member of Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Balanced diet
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Hypothyroidism *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Initial consultation (60-90 minutes) £80
An initial consultation is a detailed one-to-one conversation; I offer both face to face and Skype consultations.
Your nutritional plan, containing targeted diet, supplement and lifestyle suggestions, will then be emailed to you a few days after the consultation. Functional medical testing may also be recommended.
- Follow-up (30-45 minutes) £55
This is an opportunity to discuss how your health aims are progressing, how you have managed with the nutritional plan, and the results of any functional or medical tests.
As before, an updated and amended nutritional plan will be emailed to you following the consultation.
- DNAfit packages starting at £170
I work with DNAFit, providing insight into the optimal diet and exercise regime to suit your genetic profile.
We will discuss each of your genetic variants and its effect on your health or exercise performance. You will be provided with each of DNAFit’s reports (20 in total) as well as a personalised nutrition plan containing your optimal diet, any supplements, and recommended exercise regime.
I ask for a completed Nutritional Assessment Questionnaire and Food Diary before a consultation, to enable me to research your particular case.
I will always aim to provide you with a nutritional plan that is appropriate to you and your lifestyle. This meets you in the middle regarding your available time, budget, and the constraints of your condition or disease.
Please drop me a message or give me a call to ask any questions.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I offer evening and weekend appointments.