Laura Cherry - specialist in adult and adolescent eating disorders
01270 501 838 / 07725 022 229
Therapeutic eating disorder dietitian - bringing balance back to eating.
Nutrition therapy is an integral part of the eating disorder (ED) treatment and recovery process. The primary role of nutrition therapy is to assist patients to normalise their eating patterns.
Normalised eating encompasses:
- Eating adequately to meet the body’s daily nutritional needs
- A balanced and sustainable relationship with food, free from negative or distorted thoughts about oneself
- Listening to and trusting your body’s internal cues to determine hunger and fullness.
If you or your service would benefit from a truly therapeutic approach please contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-graduate certificate in eating disorders - Leeds Beckett University, 2018
- Degree of Bachelor of Science with Honours in nutrition and dietetics - University of Chester, 2014
- 18 months dietetic experience in a community setting
- 18 months (36 bed Inpatient CAMHs) eating disorder/general assessment/psychiatric intensive care unit
- CAMHs mental health, ASD, learning disabilities and eating disorders BDA MHA specialist group, 2017
- QNIC accreditation training Royal College of Psychiatrists, 2017
- Basic life support, Huntercombe, 2017
- Introduction to mental health, learning disabilities & eating disorders, 2016
- ERAS and Upper GI Cancer an MDT perspective, 2014
- T2DM, motivational interviewing and sports nutrition, 2013
- Challenging dementia, College of Medicine, 2013.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Bulimia nervosa *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Diabetes *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Healthy eating
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Osteoporosis *
- Weight management
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Initial assessment - £90 - £65 follow-up session
WhatsApp support - £15.00 per month (response within a maximum of 24 hours)
10 block booking sessions - £500.
Complex cases and multi agency cases - £90 per session either face to face or via skype with free online support.
10 block book sessions can be paid for in advance - charged at £600
- Membership of BDA mental health specialist group - ongoing
- Winner of the BDA - Dame Barbara Clayton Award 2016 innovation in dietetic practice with £1,350 prize award
- Guest speaker on Radio 4 Women's Hours with Jane Garvey, topic 'children and adolescents with eating disorders'
- Article published in Complete Nutrition, 2016
- Locum specialist dietitian able to work within a fast paced environment.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Please leave a message as I may be with another client and I will get back to you. Alternatively you can email email@example.com and I will respond asap