Laura Cherry - Specialist Eating Disorder Dietitian
I qualified as a dietitian and obtained my HCPC and BDA registration in 2014, before specialising in eating disorders at Leeds Beckett University.
Since then, I have worked in multiple eating disorder units, in both in and outpatient settings, with clients of all ages and backgrounds with a variety of eating disorders and mental health issues. These include Wheaton Aston in Stafford, the Aspen Centre in Warwick, Jocelyn Solly Resource Centre in Macclesfield, the Dowie Jones Unit in Sefton and Alder Hey Hospital.
For more info on my work to date, visit: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/laura-cherry-12736648
Through this work, I have witnessed first-hand the impact of eating disorders on individuals' quality of life. This experience has given me a passion and drive to help people suffering from these illnesses while providing insight into the support required for recovery.
I specialise in treating the following eating disorders:
- Binge eating and over-eating
For more information on my current work, please visit my website: www.cherishyou.online
I passionately believe that psychological and physical recovery succeeds when addressed holistically. My professional experience has identified that therapeutic peer support alongside dietetic input (meal planning and addressing eating behaviours) offers an alternative approach to a sustainable recovery.
If you or someone you know would benefit from a truly holistic, person-centred approach to eating disorder recovery, please contact me at email@example.com.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Member of North
- Basic Life support - NHS December 2018
- BDA Freelance Professional Group July 2019
- CPD Does dairy deliver 2019
- Autism and eating disorders - October 2018
- Royal College of Psychiatry - Eating Disorder Conference - November 2018
- Post-graduate certificate in eating disorders - Leeds Beckett University, 2018
- Degree of Bachelor of Science with Honours in nutrition and dietetics - University of Chester, 2014
- 5 years dietetic experience in a community setting
- 18 months (36-bed Inpatient CAMHs) eating disorder/general assessment/psychiatric intensive care unit
- CAMHs mental health, ASD, learning disabilities and eating disorders BDA MHA specialist group, 2019
- QNIC accreditation training Royal College of Psychiatrists, 2017
- Introduction to mental health, learning disabilities & eating disorders, 2016
- ERAS and Upper GI Cancer an MDT perspective, 2014
- T2DM, motivational interviewing and sports nutrition, 2013
- Challenging dementia, College of Medicine, 2013.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Bulimia nervosa *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Healthy eating
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Nutrition and mental health
- Osteoporosis *
- Weight management
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Initial assessment - £90.
Follow-up session - £65.
10 block booking sessions - £500.
- Membership of BDA mental health specialist group - ongoing
- Winner of the BDA - Dame Barbara Clayton Award 2016 innovation in dietetic practice
- Guest speaker on Radio 4 Women's Hour with Jane Garvey, topic 'children and adolescents with eating disorders'
- Article published in Complete Nutrition, 2016
- Locum specialist dietitian able to work within a fast-paced environment.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturday. Contactable by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 07725022229