Why I do what I do
Through personal, family and friends’ experience of a range of health issues, I have felt and seen the transformative health benefits of the right nutrition, lifestyle choices and practices.
Nutritional therapy is particularly relevant for anyone with a diagnosed health condition that affects overall nutritional status. All of our bodily functions and processes require a fairly precise array of nutrients and if the diet is not providing these, symptoms can manifest. Equally, ‘one person’s medicine is another's poison’ and some foods could be aggravating and driving symptoms.
As a Registered Nutritional Therapist (NT), I am extensively trained in anatomy and physiology, biomedicine, pathology, pharmacology, biochemistry, nutritional science and clinical skills. I am passionate about, and committed to, helping support and enhance your own health and wellbeing and that of your family’s, so that you can live your best, healthy, happy and biggest life!
This currently includes:
- working with individuals in clinic - children, teens and adults
- talks and webinars on specific nutrition topics
- informative and practical food-focused workshops
- in-house visits for family support and kitchen coaching for current clients
What happens when you see a Nutritional Therapist?All new clients begin with a detailed case review and initial consultation (60 minutes).
This includes: a thorough medical and health review (pré-consultation questionnaire); analysis of your existing diet (pre-consultation food diary), medications and nutritional supplements; assessment of any current and relevant diagnostic tests (blood, urine, liver etc).
Your personalised wellness plan is developed, including bespoke dietary and lifestyle advice, any recommended supplements and relevant referrals to your GP or other therapists, all targeted to your individual needs and providing you with a clear understanding of how specific nutrients relate to you and your health.
Typically four weeks after your initial consultation, we have a follow-up (30 minutes) to review progress and effectiveness of your plan, discuss any lab results and agree any changes to your plan for the coming months. Further consultations are discussed and confirmed.
Available as individual treatments or part of a nutrition initial consultation and/or follow up.
Remedial/therapeutic/sports/relaxation - to help recovery from acute injuries or conditions or to manage chronic ones, or just because you know it makes you feel so much better!
A short consultation will take place before your massage begins. Aftercare advice is also given so that you will get the most out of your massage and can continue to feel the benefits long after you get home. All oils used are Organic and Vegan.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma Naturopathic Nutrition Therapy, College of Naturopathic Medicine
Diploma Naturopathy (due to complete 2020), College of Naturopathic Medicine
Diploma Anatomy, Physiology and Massage, ITEC Level 3
Diploma Sports Massage, ITEC Level 3
BANT - British Association of Nutrition and Lifestyle Therapy
CNHC - Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Nutrition and mental health
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Initial 1 hour consultation £80
- Follow up 30 minute consultation £50
- Longer initial and/or follow ups may be required for more complex cases and are charged pro-rata.
I work from both my home clinic in North Bristol and from the Bristol Natural Health Service clinic on Gloucester Road.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||No|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday to Friday between 9am-3pm. Evening and Saturday appointments also available if needed and with prior notice. An additional fee of £10 is required for room hire.