Kevin Williamson - Food In Mind
Our Nutritionists are current employees of the NHS and have 10 years' experience in the profession. We are based in the South Yorkshire region and offer face-to-face visits at our location (private meeting rooms) and we offer nutrition-related advice via telephone or online, including Skype sessions.
Our initial consultation allows us to get to know you, gather your baseline information and get information on your health and any conditions you have. Following this, we will analyse your diet to provide a nutrient profile, which is a thorough (and validated) process of determining dietary composition. Lastly, we will provide feedback on how to make changes to your diet. All sessions are goal-led based on what you want to achieve, i.e. weight loss, meal plans or healthy eating.
Training, qualifications & experience
Mr Kevin Williamson:
Registered Nutritionist (Association for Nutrition)
Master of Medical Science (MMedSci) Human Nutrition, University of Sheffield (Graduation: 2006)
BSc (First Class Hons.) Agriculture with Poultry Science (Graduation: 2002)
10 years clinical practice (Community based Nutritionist) in NHS Secondary Mental Health services. During this time, the service I provided was cited as a recommendation to the Department of Health for all NHS Trusts to adopt for individuals with psychosis or depression (Food and Health Forum Report: The Link between diet and behaviour, 2008). Furthermore I was a Nursing Times Awards finalist (2013).
Associate Lecturer creating and delivering a 'Nutritional Care in Mental Health' services training module, firstly for Universities.
Mr James Kelly:
Masters of Science (MSc) (First Class Hons.) Food, Nutrition and Health, University College of Dublin (2016)
Bachelor of Science (BSc) (Second Class Hons.) Sport Science, University of South Wales (2014)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Balanced diet
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Endometriosis *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Osteoporosis *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Consultation Package comprising:
1) Initial consultation, with a duration of 30 minutes, which is done remotely via telephone or skype and includes background health and dietary assessment.
2) Nutrient profiling, which is a thorough (and validated) process of determining dietary composition)
3) Written dietary change feedback, which is tailored to the individual; duration 60 minutes
Total cost - £70.
Follow-up review consultations
Duration 30 minutes. it is deemed beneficial to have at least one review session per consultation
Cost - £30
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 0800 - 2000