Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance and individual care.
As a Registered Nutritional Therapist, I use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances to understand how these may be contributing to your health concerns. Nutritional Therapy is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking to enhance their overall health and wellbeing.
My approach focuses on you as an individual, as your nutritional needs are as unique as your genetic make-up. I work with you on a one-to-one basis, designing a personalised nutritional programme that is specifically tailored to your needs. This will encompass nutrition, lifestyle, exercise and supplementation, where appropriate.
Training, qualifications & experience
I studied Nutritional Therapy for 3 years at the renowned College of Naturopathic Nutrition (CNM) where I completed over 200 clinical hours, allowing me to graduate as a fully qualified Nutritional Therapist. Here, I trained in an evidence-based approach to personalised nutrition, focusing on addressing the underlying root cause(s) of an individual’s health concerns.
I am also regulated by the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT) and am a member of The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC); an accredited nutrition register regulated by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA). The PSA regulate the standards of practice in healthcare, for the U.K.
Kelly Black Nutrition holds full professional indemnity insurance.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Migraine *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
£120 Initial Consultation -
60-90 minute consultation reviewing your health history, symptoms, nutrition and lifestyle.
- Personalised nutrition plan with dietary and lifestyle recommendations
- Supplement recommendations (if applicable) including drug-nutrient interaction investigation
- Functional testing recommendations (if applicable)
£70 - Follow up consultation
45 minute follow-up consultation where progress will be assessed and the previous recommendations adjusted to take account of any progress and/or remaining concerns.
- Adjusted nutrition plan with dietary and lifestyle recommendations
- Adjusted supplement recommendations (if applicable)
- Evaluation of any functional testing results
Bespoke packages available.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Evenings and weekends