Katherine Caris-Harris, BSc (Hon), BA (Hon.), mBANT, mCNHC, NLP.
07788 102 052
I am a degree qualified Registered Nutritional Therapist (BSc Nutritional Science, First Class Hons) and health coach, offering personalised 1-2-1 consultations and group workshops. As a competitive runner and GB-age group long-distance triathlete, I have a specific interest in sports and performance nutrition adopting a functional (holistic) approach.
I am passionate about empowering my clients to make long term dietary and lifestyle changes through education and support, helping them understand the impact that their diet and lifestyle has on their health and performance. I work within the 'functional medicine model' which means I will look at your body holistically, including genetics, environment and lifestyle to reach the root cause of your symptoms.
As well as offering tailored-performance consultations and packages for athletes, I work along side other clients to support them with long-term weight loss, blood sugar management, chronic gut complaints, auto-immune conditions, hormonal imbalances and unexplained fatigue. Regular support outside consultations via skype/phone/email is an integral part of any package alongside behavioural coaching to help change long-term ingrained habits where necessary.
I see clients in both London and Hertfordshire and offer consultations via Skype for follow ups or for first consultations where logistics make it difficult to do face-to-face. I work frequently alongside consultants and GP's where appropriate to ensure the best care possible for you.
Please email me to arrange a complimentary 15 minute call to chat to about your health goals and how I can help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Hons (First Class) Nutritional Science (CNELM accredited by Middlesex University)
- Nutritional Therapy Practise Diploma (certified NTEC)
- NLP Certified Coach
- BA Hons Economics (Newcastle University)
- Registered with both the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT) and the Complimentary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC).
- Associate Member of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Currently undergoing additional training to become a Master Practitioner in Eating Disorders.
- Lectures on Gastro-intestinal Dysfunction in Endurance Athletes with the Centre for Integrated Sport and Nutrition.
- Previous career Private Client Investment Manager at JP Morgan.
- Royal London Medical College - 1989-1990.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Please see my website for details on packages offered or contact me directly by email as above.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|