'Health is Good Food' By Paediatric and Adult Dietitan Judith Calvin Bsc Hons RD
Galgorm Industrial Estate
I am a registered dietitian with the HCPC and the British Dietetic Association and I have a particular interest in the nutrition and health of women, children and their families. If you have any health concerns about you or your child and you wish to consult me for advice I will provide you with professional and up to date scientific evidence based dietary treatment on you or your child’s complaint.
How to Book an Appointment
I run a clinic in Galgorm Business Centre and I offer online webcalls for those who are unable to come to clinic and would like a consultation in the comfort of their own home. You can Book an Appointment by clicking the MINDBODY website link above (you will need to set up an account), or through the mindbody app, or through my Facebook page or via phone or email me.
***To celebrate the arrival of spring I am running an OFFER until the end of March. You will receive 50% off my Galgorm clinic consultations, 30% of meal plans and 20% off home visits for any appointments booked through the MINDBODY App or click on the webpage above. You can download the App for free on any device and search for Health Is Good Food through the Nutrition button. See below for a list of services and prices***
What to expect.
The consultation will be informal and relaxed. I will ask questions to get information about the signs and symptoms of the complaint and ask about you or your child's diet history. This is to gather glues and link symptoms together with the foods you’re eating to ascertain the best dietary treatment. I will weigh and measure you and I may request your G.P to take a blood sample to test for nutritional deficiencies. Every person is different, what works for one does not always work for another so my advice is tailored to the individual.
I believe in using good quality inexpensive ingredients when cooking food so I will provide practical recipes and shopping tips to you to help make any changes required easy to implement. I can also do some practical cooking with you and your child in your own home if you would like to build up your skills in the kitchen.
I have children of my own and know first hand as well as working closely with sick children and their parents the trials and stresses of dealing with children who can't or won't eat. I believe very much in a whole family approach and often my advice will benefit other family members.
Here is a list of conditions I have particular experience with.
Type 1 Diabetes and support with carbohydrate counting.
Allergies and intolerances
Overweight and obesity
Nutrition Support - underweight or vitamin and mineral Deficiencies
Tube feeds and blended food via tube feeds. If you have a child that is on a manufactured tube feed I can provide more support on how to safely give your child your own home cooked foods via a tube
ADHD and autism
Picky eaters or selective eaters
Advice with weaning or good nutrition during breastfeeding
Women's health - PCOS and fertility and preconception
I am registered as a health care provider for BUPA, Aviva and Axa
Training, qualifications & experience
I did my undergraduate degree at Robert Gordon University and worked in England for 3 years before returning to Northern Ireland in 2005. I have over 10 years experience as a dietitian working with adults with obesity, coronary heart disease, type 2 diabetes, IBS, Coeliac Disease and PCOS. For 4 years of my career I ran a 12 week healthy lifestyle programme for overweight teenagers and their families which showed a significant reduction in the children's waist circumference and BMI and an improvement in their overall self-esteem by the end.
For the last 6 years I have been working in the Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children treating children with cardiac conditions, cystic fibrosis, cancer, type 1 Diabetes, allergies, reflux, coeliac disease, crohn's disease, bowel surgery, children with complex needs, nasogastric and PEG feeds.
I have 2 masters modules in paediatric dietetics.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
I charge £60 for the first consultation which will last for approximately an hour.
Follow-up appointments are £40, which are approximately 30 minutes.
Web calls i.e. Skype, WhatsApp, Viber consultations are £40 for initial and £25 for follow-up assessments.
Home visits are £80 for an initial appointment and £60 for reviews plus 45p per mile for anyone living more than 30 miles away.
Meal plans (vegetarian, vegan, gluten, wheat, dairy free options available or any other plan can be devised to suit your requirements
-1 month meal plan = £50/month (personalised to meet your requirements and tastes and includes examples of breakfasts, lunches and dinners with portions sizes and recipes).
- The Life changer meal plan = £160 (This is an 8 week personalised meal plan suited to your calorie and nutritional requirements and includes meals and recipes suited to your likes and dislikes with portion sizes and goals)
- The Reducer = £80 (This is a calorie restricted meal plan tailored to your nutritional requirements and how much weight you would like to lose. Includes guidance on portion sizes).
- The Maintainer = £50 (This meal plan is devised to meet your calorie requirements and aims to maintain your weight as it is now but improve your health dramatically. Suitable for anyone who wants to improve their diet and health but not nessarily lose weight or someone who has been through some of my other plans and is now down to their goal weight and wants to maintain it ).
All of the above include an initial phone call or webcall to get information to work out your nutritional requirements and what your expectations and goals are. You will recieve web call, texts or emails in-between to keep you motivated.
1. The Cure = Includes a 1hour consultation with written information and a 30 minute review appointment. Up front cost is £80 which is 20% off the total value. This is suitable for people who are looking for specific information on specific diets or just need some expert advice to guide them on the right path.
2. The Taster = 1 hour consultation plus a meal plan and a review appointment = £120 (value of £180)
3. Small Changes Big Benefits = This Includes 4 fortnightly one to one sessions plus weekly phone calls. The initial session will discuss with you changes that you want to make about your diet and lifestyle and set some individual goals. These goals will change and new goals set over the period of 8 weeks. The plan is designed to encourage you to make small changes over a period of time. This is not a diet or weight loss plan it simply aims to encourage you to make gradual and persistent changes with support from a professional. Research shows that when you make small changes that are achievable, they eventually become good habits for life. A recent study showed that it takes on average 66 days for a change in habit to become permanent which is why all my packages are 8 weeks long= £250 (value of £350). Suitable for children, adults or families.
4. The Life Changer =one to one sessions weekly up to 8 weeks plus one to one monthly follow up sessions after that up to 6 months. Includes individual meal plans based on your likes and needs and goals, weekly weighing and measuring, goal setting, supermarket visit, cooking sessions and a consultation with a counsellor to talk about keeping motivated, reducing stress to ensure that any changes made are there for life = £600 (value of £830). This is suitable for anyone who has Yo Yo dieted all their lives. Who loses weight well for a period of time but then life stressors take over and the focus on diet diminishes and weight piles back on again...and more!! This plan is to encourage lifestyle change for LIFE and aims to teach you the tools needed in order to control stress and keep you focused. This is why the package gives you support from me and a counsellor up to 6 months.
5. The short shift = 8 week one to one weight loss programme for those of you who need to get into a little black dress, a bikini, or for a bride to be etc. = £300 Includes weekly weighing and measuring, goal setting and my reducer meal plan.
6. The cook = 4 week cookery course in your own home. One to one 2 hour sessions with you or you and child or you and your partner. Suitable for people who haven’t much confidence in the kitchen and would like to build their skills in order to make more home cooked meals for their family = £400 includes all ingredients and a copy of recipes used and more.
Individual Recipes/Food diary analysis
-Create and nutritionally analyse an individual recipe = £25 per recipe
-Create a recipe without nutritional analysis = £15 per recipe
-To nutritionally analyse a recipe that has already been created = £15 per recipe
- Nutritional analysis of Food Diaries = £30/per weekly diary.
Includes a 1 or 2 hour session for a group of people where I will do an interactive session such as cook a family meal or a supermarket tour or a talk on a specific subject. This is suitable for group sessions ie mother and toddler groups, community groups, sure-start, breast feeding groups, mothers of babies of weaning age, weight loss groups, support groups, workplace or industry.
1 hour talk = £100 and £70 per hour there after
1 hour demonstration = £120 and £80 per hour thereafter
Content creation such as Blogs/Newspaper articles/magazine articles, developing diet sheets or nutritional content for industries and business etc.
70 pence/word up to 200 words and 50pence/word thereafter
Ring me for further information. I am flexible and can design a plan suitable for your needs.
All prizes are negotiable.
All prices are inclusive of preparation time.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday and Thursday evenings from 7.30-9.30pm Wednesday all day from 9-4pm Saturday mornings from 9-12md