Jessica English | Registered Dietitian at Level Up Nutrition | Brighton & Hove
Brighton And Hove
I provide one to one nutrition consultations from my clinic rooms in Brighton and Hove or virtual consultations from the comfort of your own home.
At your first consultation we'll go through your nutrition history, discuss any symptoms and look at your overall health. This will help us to assess potential triggers or underlying causes of any symptoms. We can then look at any changes you might want to make and ensure that they fit in with your goals and your lifestyle.
Follow-up appointments are a chance to check-in and see how you're getting on, what's working and what, if anything, might need tweaking to ensure that you're happy and that your changes are realistic and sustainable.
My services are weight-inclusive and as such I won't offer to weigh you at your consultation. In my experience, I have found that it isn't helpful to focus on weight but instead to look at other health-promoting behaviours that you may choose to try.
- Specialised diets: ie, vegan and vegetarian
- Heart health
- IBS, digestive problems and intolerances
- Nutrition for conception, pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Nutrition for PCOS
- Disordered eating
Intuitive eating is a programme that helps people to break the diet-binge cycle and rebuild their relationship with food and their bodies. If you're sick of dieting, feeling out of control around food or find yourself eating to cope with your emotions then get in touch to find out how Intuitive Eating could work for you.
I'm passionate about food and the nutrition science behind it all and so starting in 2018 I've started to run Nutrition and Cookery Masterclasses. At these workshops I'm there to answer your nutrition questions, bust some nutrition myths and we all translate what we've learned into delicious meals with our cookery teacher, Anna.
- Gut Feeling - how to keep your gut bugs happy
- Vegan Masterclass - busting some vegan nutrition myths and making tofu tasty
Find out more on my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
I'm fully qualified and registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and Association for UK Dietitians (BDA).
Specialist Public Health Dietitian: Brighton & Hove Food Partnership - my role included:
Specialist weight management services for children and families. Providing education and support for schools in Brighton and Hove. Development and delivery of Jamie Oliver's Sugar Smart campaign for Early Years settings.
Royal Sussex County Hospital: Acute Band 5 dietitian - my role included:
- Management of IBS, digestive problems and intolerances
- type two diabetes
- weight management
- diverticular disease
- high blood pressure
- cardiovascular disease
- renal disease
Staff training: MUST (overseas nurses, HCAs, nurse preceptorship) and volunteer training.
Patient education: Cardiac rehabilitation
BSc Hons Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Surrey - 2015
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Digestive problems *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Tiredness *
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
Initial 50 minute consultation – in person or over video call: £70 / £50
40 minute follow-up consultation in person: £50
40 minute follow-up via video call: £40
40 minute follow-up via telephone: £30
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Evening, weekend and daytime appointments are available.