Jennifer Williams Dip ION, mBANT, CNHC reg.
Are you looking for guidance and support to understand why you are not feeling 100%?
As a Registered Nutritional Therapist in Braintree, Essex, I am able to work with individuals to help them make sense of their diets, improve overall health and well being, aiding them in feeling healthier and more energetic with better sleep, and small aches and niggles disappearing. Every body is unique with each body's systems working slightly differently, needing more or less of a particular vitamin, suiting a particular exercise type or having different sleep requirements.
For those with specific symptoms I follow the Functional Medicine model to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances to address the root cause of symptoms, rather than offering symptom relief. I am qualified in using diagnostic testing that may be used to investigate underlying causes of symptoms. I may also recommend specific supplements for short term use.
Conditions that I have supported clients with include:
- Hormones - thyroid, PMS, adrenal
- Auto-immune conditions
- Musculo-skeletal support
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Sports nutrition
- Weight - both difficulties losing and gaining weight
- Food intolerances
- Student nutrition - advising students how to eat well on a budget whilst away from home
I see clients on a one-to-one basis motivating them to achieve their health goals. Nutritional programmes are planned in collaboration with the client to ensure that they are realistic, practical and effective.
I have seen the difference correct, personalised nutrition made to the health of my own children and I am passionate about helping others achieve the same benefits of a good diet and healthy lifestyle.
I love helping people to make changes to their diet that ultimately results in positive changes to their health and wellbeing. I love seeing clients make real progress.
I also give talks to groups, gyms and schools including talks to Duke of Edinburgh Award groups to assist them in food planning for their expeditions.
Testing may be used to investigate underlying causes of symptoms. Tests may include: saliva, blood, hair and stool as well as food intolerance testing. Supplementation may be recommended for a short period to correct deficiencies and support the body whilst dietary changes are being made.
I am committed to furthering my knowledge in the field of nutrition and health and I regularly attend workshops and seminars, which have included:
- Low FODMAP's Diet
- Microbiome and gut health.
- Impact gluten sensitivity
- Metabolic syndrome and weight
- Sports nutrition
- Brain Health Programme - Alzheimer's Disease prevention
- Adrenal and thyroid health
- NLP for therapists
- Nutrigenomics and health
"Thank you for making nutrition interesting!" - Comment from an attendee at a workshop
“I had been diagnosed with low bone density and needed help to change my eating habits. I had two appointments with Jennifer. We talked about my lifestyle and what I needed to change in order to achieve a healthy balanced diet for my bone density. She introduced me to specialised exercises for bone strength and the correct supplements that my diet was lacking. I have gradually changed some bad eating habits and implemented more of her suggestions for my health and wellbeing. I would highly recommend a visit to Jennifer for her expertise in this field”
“For years I have suffered around my 'time of the month' and my New Years resolution this year was to DO something about it, though I wasn't quite sure what. The results have been truly life changing! I had a very thorough consultation with Jen, who was fantastic. She really listened to what my issues were and provided me with clear guidance on tweaks I could make in my diet to make a difference........I cannot recommend Jen enough, she really REALLY knows her stuff! Thanks Jen!”
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma Nutritional Therapy, Institute Optimum Nutrition
I qualified as a Registered General Nurse in 1990 and subsequently gained a Diploma Health Visiting, working as a health visitor in Leeds and Worcester. However I stopped work to raise my children and am no longer registered as either a nurse or HV.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Initial Personal consultation – 1.5 hours £90
- Analysis of health questionnaire, completed prior to the first visit.
- Food diary review
- Body Composition analysis (BMI, fat/muscle percentage, visceral fat, metabolic age, basal metabolic rate).
- Explanation and discussion of findings
- Written, personalised action plan with dietary and lifestyle recommendations.
Laboratory tests and supplements may be recommended at an additional cost.
I suggest at least one follow up appointment to check progress and to refine the action plan as necessary.
Follow-up 30-45 minutes £45
- Registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), the regulatory body
- Member of The British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT)
- Member of the Institute for Functional Medicine
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||No|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Consultations available: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday. Saturday and evening appointments are available.