Jennifer Williams Dip ION, mBANT, CNHC reg.
Are you looking for guidance and support to understand why you are not feeling 100%? I am a BANT Registered Nutritional Therapist in Braintree, Essex and I can work with you to help you make sense of your diet, to improve your overall health and well being so you can feel healthier and more energetic. I follow the Functional Medicine model to address the root cause of symptoms, not just offering symptom relief. Contact me to find out how I can help you become a better you.
- Better energy levels
- Better digestion
- Better sleep
- Better weight
Every body is unique with each body's systems working slightly differently, needing more or less of a particular vitamin, suiting a particular exercise type or having different sleep requirements.
I have seen the difference correct, personalised nutrition made to the health of my own children and I am passionate about helping others achieve the same benefits of a good diet and healthy lifestyle.
I love helping people to make changes to their diet that ultimately results in positive changes to their health and wellbeing. I love seeing clients make real progress.
I see clients on a one-to-one basis motivating them to achieve their health goal. Nutritional programmes are planned in a collaborative manner with the client to ensure that they are realistic, practical and effective.
I also give talks to groups, gyms and schools including talks to Duke of Edinburgh Award groups to assist them in food planning for their expeditions.
As a nutrition and health coach I can offer support with the following areas to optimise health and bring about positive changes to the quality of life.
- Digestion - including: bloating, cramps
- Thyroid and hormonal problems including: fatigue and menstruation
- Weight loss and subsequent weight maintenance
- Improve tolerance to a range of foods
- Women's health and nutrition
- Immune function
- Improve energy levels
Testing may be used to investigate underlying causes of symptoms. Tests may include: saliva, blood, hair and stool as well as food intolerance testing. Supplementation may be recommended for a short period to correct deficiencies and support the body whilst dietary changes are being made.
Food Detective Intolerance Testing
Intolerance testing identifies IgG antibodies that are produced in response to specific foods, these anti-bodies may be linked to inflammatory conditions in the body, manifesting as problems with: digestion, skin, respiratory or musculo-skeletal.
The testing is safe, simple to do using a small blood sample taken from a finger-prick.
I am committed to furthering my knowledge in the field of nutrition and health and I regularly attend workshops and seminars, which have included:
- Sports nutrition
- Adrenal and thyroid health
- Female hormones
- Low FODMAP's diet
- Microbiome and gut health.
- Cytoplan Action Against Alzheimer's
I also undertake regular clinical supervision.
“I had been diagnosed with low bone density and needed help to change my eating habits. I had two appointments with Jennifer. We talked about my lifestyle and what I needed to change in order to achieve a healthy balanced diet for my bone density. She introduced me to specialised exercises for bone strength and the correct supplements that my diet was lacking. I have gradually changed some bad eating habits and implemented more of her suggestions for my health and wellbeing. I would highly recommend a visit to Jennifer for her expertise in this field”
“For years I have suffered around my 'time of the month' and my New Years resolution this year was to DO something about it, though I wasn't quite sure what. The results have been truly life changing! I had a very thorough consultation with Jen, who was fantastic. She really listened to what my issues were and provided me with clear guidance on tweaks I could make in my diet to make a difference........I cannot recommend Jen enough, she really REALLY knows her stuff! Thanks Jen!”
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma Nutritional Therapy, Institute Optimum Nutrition
I qualified as a Registered General Nurse in 1990 and subsequently gained a Diploma Health Visiting, working as a health visitor in Leeds and Worcester. However I stopped work to raise my children and am no longer registered as either a nurse or HV.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
I find that a structured programme works best giving clients the support they need to make changes, so fees may vary according to services required. Contact me to arrange a free no obligation 30 minute consultation during which I can assess your Nutritional Therapy needs and provide further information about my consultation packages and programmes as required.
A typical basic package includes:
Initial Personal consultation – 1.5 hours
Written, personalised action plan
2 Follow up face to face consultations – 30-45 minutes
The consultation includes:
- Analysis of health questionnaire, completed prior to the first visit.
- Food diary review
- Body Composition analysis (BMI, fat/muscle percentage, visceral fat, metabolic age, basal metabolic rate).
- Explanation and discussion of findings
- Written dietary and lifestyle plans with nutritional information sheets if appropriate.
Laboratory tests and supplements may be recommended at an additional cost.
- Registered with the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), the regulatory body
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||No|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Consultations available Monday and Tuesday from 9am. Evening and Saturday appointments by arrangement. Telephone messages will be answered within 24 hours.