Ian Smith dipCNM, mBANT, CNHC
If you’re gaining weight around your middle, feel tired a lot of the time, get energy slumps, crave carbs, have brain fog, get thirsty and pee a lot, these are all potential signs of losing your blood sugar control and insulin sensitivity.
My name is Ian Smith. I’m a Naturopathic Nutritionist specialising in the prevention, management and reversal of insulin sensitivity through nutrition and lifestyle enhancements.
I will work with you to personalise a plan that’s completely unique to you and tailored to your needs – with the aim improving your insulin sensitivity and resistance through better management of your blood sugar control via diet and lifestyle changes.
My plans promote weight loss, sleep improvements, increasing energy and mobility, elevates self-esteem and protection from long-term health complications, because poorly managed blood sugar is linked to many other illnesses. I don't excluded any food groups and promote a healthy relation with all food.
My motivation to work in this field of care has been driven by my own personal experiences of poor blood sugar control and poor insulin sensitivity. To read my story visit my web site https://www.type2diabetesandme.com/about-ian
Training, qualifications & experience
- DipCNM Diploma in Nutritional Therapy, College of Naturopathy Medicine (CNM)
- Member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Member of Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Member of Association of Naturopathic Practitioners (ANP)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
Photos & videos
All my plans focus on diet and lifestyle, promoting weight loss, stress management, sleep improvements, increasing energy and mobility, elevates self-esteem and protection from long-term health complications, this is because poorly managed blood sugar is linked to many other illnesses.
To start with I offer all my clients a FREE discovery call. This is because everyones needs and situation is unique, and therefore I don’t expect for you to part with your money before speaking with me first. Please contact me to arrange a FREE discovery call.
Once we have spoken I will then put together a plan proposal to consist of the following
Health check from £135
- Approx 60 minutes initial consultation - a deep dive into your health status & needs
- Glucose test results interpretation
- Personalised diet & lifestyle plan (+supplements if applicable)
- Email support throughout
- Regular follow up calls to discuss plan progress & enhancements
- 30 minute follow up & progress review consultation within 4-6 weeks of the initial consultation
Health test from £60
- Lipid (fat) profiles & ratio
- Cholesterol levels & ratio
- Liver function
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin D
- Food sensitivities
- Food intolerance
- and more...
Additional consultations from £65
- 30 - 45 minutes online
- Continued plan progress review & enhancements
- Health test interpretation
Online 12-week plan
- Coming in 2019
- Register you interest at this link: https://forms.sign-up.to/46743/3364
Discounts for unemployed, low income families, students and OAPs available
Topics covered in consultation
- Heath status questionnaire, a deep dive into your health status
- Diet & lifestyle evaluation
- Medication & supplements
- Blood glucose target range evaluation
- A dietary & lifestyle plan with agreed goals & aims
- Supplement advice
- Testing recommendations
- Regular progress review & plan enhancements
- Ongoing telephone & email support
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|