Ian Smith dipCNM, mBANT, CNHC
If you’re gaining weight around your middle, feel tired a lot of the time, get energy slumps, crave carbs, have brain fog, get thirsty and pee a lot, these are all potential signs of losing your blood sugar control and insulin sensitivity.
My name is Ian Smith. I’m a Nutritional Therapist specialising in the prevention, management and reversal of insulin sensitivity through nutrition and lifestyle enhancements.
My motivation to work in this field of care has been driven by my own personal experiences of poor blood sugar control and poor insulin sensitivity. To read my story visit my web site https://www.type2diabetesandme.com/about-ian
I will work with you to personalise a care plan that’s completely unique to you and tailored to your needs – with the aim improving your insulin sensitivity and resistance through better management of your blood sugar control via diet and lifestyle changes. This entails considering all proven successful diet and lifestyle plans such as, whole foods, vegetarian, vegan, paleo, mediterranean, low glycaemic, raw foods, 5:2 and intermittent fasting. The plan promotes weight loss, sleep improvements, increasing energy and mobility, elevates self-esteem and protection from long-term health complications, because poorly managed blood sugar is linked to many other illnesses.
I will also help you gain family and friends’ support to understand what you are trying to achieve and the adjustments required in your diet and lifestyle habits to achieve your goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a fully qualified Naturopathic Nutritional Therapist, I graduated from the College of Naturopathy Medicine (CNM) where I studied for 3 years (dipCNM)
- Member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Member of Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Member of Association of Naturopathic Practitioners (ANP)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
Ask yourself - "How much would you be willing to invest to improve your health for today and increase your odds on preventing future disease?" I'm sure I know the answer!
My reputation is based on my results, and for this reason I only offer my 12-week care plan. Why? Because it’s gets results.
The fee for my 12-week plan is £895 this includes two advanced blood test, one at the start and one after 12 weeks, testing for the following:
- Liver function
- Iron profile
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B9 (folate)
- Vitamin B12
I don’t expect for you to part with your money before speaking with me first, for this reason I offer every new client a free discovery call to discuss your needs and what to expect from the plan. Please contact me to arrange a discovery call today.
For a detailed breakdown of whats involved in my plan, visit my website at this link:
More about my care plan
The aim of my care plan is to educate and empower you with the knowledge to manage your blood sugar and insulin sensitivity more effectively and in some cases fully putting your insulin sensitivity into remission.
The plan is designed for people who would like an extra level of personalised support tailored to your specific goals and needs. It is appropriate, achievable and a personal plan, and you'll have access to the appropriate education to help you understand and self-manage your condition more effectively. I'll ensure that you're actively involved in improving your health while being affordable to everyone.
For the plan to be successful, effective self-management requires regular communication, access to advice and support material and the acceptance of lifelong learning are essential, this is why you're put in the heart of the decisions made from day one, not just looking at your medical condition, but also a deep dive into your other parts of your lifestyle that may contribute to the issue.
We meet at the start and agree a plan to achieve your health goals (the in person meetings are preferably at your home and I encourage you to invite family and friends to join in to understand what you are aiming to achieve, and to gain their buy in and support). We meet again in person every 4 weeks, and every week have a telephone or Skype call to monitor your progress, tweak your plan and answer any questions you may have. There is also email support throughout.
Topics covered by the care plan
- Heath status questionnaire
- Current diet evaluation via a diet diary
- Current, past & family medical history
- Medication & supplements
- Blood glucose target range evaluation
- A deep dive into your health status & lifestyle commitments
- Body composition assessment
- Kitchen MOT
- A dietary & lifestyle plan with agreed goals & aims
- Supplement advice
- Support material - reading & local support groups
- Regular progress review & plan enhancements
- Ongoing telephone & email support
The locations I cover:
- I'm based near Beaconsfield (HP10), but travel regularly to London (all areas) and the South East (Woking, Reigate, Gatwick, Crawley, Brighton, Peacehaven, Worthing basically anywhere along the M23 area).
- I prefer to meet all my clients in person and I'm willing to travel UK wide, follow up appointments can be done via Skype.
Please don't hesitate to contact me to discuss your needs, my mobile number is 07831 565630 or you can reach me by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Workplace wellness is something I am also very passionate about. I’ve worked in the corporate world for over 30-years, and in the most recent years employee health has become of upmost importance, thankfully, and for many prospective employees it’s an absolute must!
A healthy workplace means more than just warding off colds and the flu. It is more holistic and takes into consideration the physical, environmental, intellectual, emotional, occupational and mental health of employees.
Please contact me to discuss your requirements and to arrange a meeting to explore how a Workplace Wellness program could work within your organisation. For more detail of what I offer please visit my website: https://www.type2diabetesandme.com/workplace-wellness
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|