Nutritional Therapy and Functional Medicine
Oxygen Advantage® certified instructor
Heartmath® certified coach
What we eat has a huge influence on our health but it can be hard to know where to start when we are overwhelmed with multiple symptoms. This is especially true if we are struggling with weight, allergies or digestion issues as food can become so confusing. Most chronic conditions such as metabolic disorders, fatigue and respiratory disorders require nutritional support of some kind.
I am Helen Maxwell a nutritional therapist working in Eastbourne and on-line via zoom. I work with:
- People with health issues such as low energy, digestion issues, chronic disease or excess weight who want help and support to finally regain their health and vitality.
- High performance people who really want to invest in their health to take it to another level for sport, longevity or youthification.
I have a Nutritional Therapy diploma from the Institute of Optimum Nutrition. I am trained in the Functional Medicine Model to track symptoms back to their root cause. This helps to identify which of the body’s systems are out of balance so we can address them very specifically. I then work with people to transform their health, through practical and personalised nutrition and lifestyle changes.
I am a certified Oxygen Advantage® breathing instructor. Breathing-pattern disorder is incredibly common affecting between 50-80% of the population. It is quite amazing how addressing this can often be the missing link to increase your energy levels and master health. Resetting your breathing-pattern can give you the energy boost you need to tackle your nutrition and start exercising. If sports performance is key there are simulated high-altitude training exercises to prevent gassing out.
I am also a Heartmath® certified coach and teach clients to use simple techniques and biofeedback technology to improve heart rate variability. When we learn how to intercept heart-brain communication we improve our heart rate variability which is a key health indicator.
Get in touch to find out:
- how nutrition advice may help with your health concerns
- if your breathing-pattern could be your missing link
- why heart rate variability matters and how to measure and improve it
I offer sessions online over zoom or in person in central Eastbourne. For the Oxygen Advantage programme I can travel to clubs and other locations for additional cost.
Please take a look at my website for more information or call me for a free 20 minute discovery call.
mob: 07740 876233
Training, qualifications & experience
- DipION (Diploma in Nutritional Therapy from Institute for Optimum Nutrition)
- Member of British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT)
- Member of Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Oxygen Advantage® certified instructor
- Heartmath® certified coach
- Biology Basecamp Zack Bush MD
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Initial consultation £85
Follow up consultation £60
Pop in/discovery consultation (up to one hour) £40
Oxygen Advantage programme four sessions x 1hr £160
Heartmath coaching one hour sessions £45
Coaching calls £15