Helen Adams BA IFMCP NT MBANT CNHC DIP.ASK
Nourish Nutritional Therapy Centre
33 Gay Street
32 Moss Mead
As a Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner and Kinesiologist, I work with people who want to feel better, be better, and stay better - using nutrition and lifestyle solutions for complex health conditions. They may already be working with their Doctor and take a number of medications, or they may have been told that their Doctor cannot help them. They may have tried other solutions previously. They want to make sense of a lot of conflicting information they have been told or found on the internet.
I help people to find the path to wellness through a myriad of symptoms, often spanning many years. This can be achieved through face-to-face consultations, skype or phone. The most difficult step is the first one - take advantage of my complimentary half-hour discovery Consultation to find out how I can help you.
Not local? It doesn't matter - online appointments available.
What my Clients say...
My Husband (a doctor) is amazed at the difference in my health - HH, Kington St Michael
In only 3 weeks, my embarrassing tummy symptoms have rapidly improved, to the extent that I haven't had a rush to the toilet or cramps at all. He can't believe it was all down to food. I'll continue the focus on my diet - because I know it works!
Helen actually listened to me - MW, Upper Westwood
"I have seen other nutritionists who have very set ideas & restricted my diet. This made me quite stressed as I like eating out & couldn’t find anything on a menu that I could eat ! Helen has a completely different approach, she actually listened & offered solutions which really related to my needs & were sensible. My condition is much improved after only 3 sessions. Helen is very approachable & easy to get on with, highly recommended"
Brilliant treatment and positive results - CB, Chippenham
"Brilliant treatment & positive results from Helen at Oakmead Clinic & finally real hope I can get my son's overwhelming fatigue problem solved. I would highly recommend this clinic."
I feel fantastic - MB, Corsham
"I wanted to lose weight so did Helen's course. It was so interesting and I learned so much about how your body works with the right foods. I am loving the new way of eating. It’s like nothing I’ve done before and I am losing weight steadily without even trying. I feel fantastic and I can’t wait to do the other courses she has to offer. Helen is so knowledgeable and engaging and you can tell she truly loves what she does. She’s an inspiration and I would highly recommend her to anyone."
I now understand how to manage my diet and wellbeing in a way that works - KH, Bristol
"I was unsure what nutritional therapy would do for me and initially was sceptical. I began to improve and am now able to track the link between foods and symptoms. Helen has helped me to understand how I can manage my diet and well-being in a way that works."
I now feel less overwhelmed and can cope – LH, Lyneham
"I feel better all over, mentally fitter, and physically slimmer. I feel less overwhelmed and have a sense of being able to cope. I'm looking forward to continuing my work with Helen - my physical ailments are better, feel more manageable."
Helen has helped things improve greatly - WE, Chippenham
"After 18 months of unpleasant symptoms (partly caused by medication) and constantly needing to be aware of where the nearest toilet might be, Helen has helped things improve greatly. I feel I am now well on the way to regaining my previous health. I strongly recommend Oakmead clinic."
Helen’s consultation blew me away - SJS, Birmingham
"Helen’s consultation blew me away. The thoughtfulness and care not to mention the many resources that Helen gave me were priceless. I had failed to notice my own health but thanks to Helen I am now back on track. I’m very grateful to have met her."
Helen’s questions got to the heart of the matter and stimulated my thinking - IH, Leek
"I was coached by Helen and liked her approach which was friendly and personable, yet very effective. Helen’s questions got to the heart of the matter and stimulated my thinking. I always left the sessions with a clear mind and a focused target of what I needed to do next."
I am now much more aware of my food choices - KS, Bath
"I am now much more aware of my food choices for myself and my family. During my weekly shopping trips, you are never far from my thoughts."
I feel better than I have in 5 years - NB, Corsham
"I had a taster consultation and the advice that Helen gave me prompted me to sign up for her weight loss course. I saw immediate results and felt better than I had in 5 years. Helen is knowledgeable and has inspired and steered me to lose weight and eat healthily."
Training, qualifications & experience
· Nutrition Consultant to BBC Radio Wiltshire
· 20 years’ experience of dealing with chronic conditions
· Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice graduate
· Naturopathic nutrition diploma from the College of Naturopathic Medicine
· Member of the Institute for Functional Medicine
· Kinesiology practitioner
· Member of BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy) and CNHC (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
Photos & videos
Free 30 minute Discovery Consultation to understand your health issues, see if we are a good fit to work together and formulate the best approach for your improved health.
Free Body Composition Analysis to understand what your eating habits are doing to your body on the inside, includes your Metabolic Age.
Food intolerance testing starts from £110
Nutrition or Kinesiology packages start from £275. Each package provides the following as standard:
- A full review of your medical history, looking for the root causes of your symptoms and anything in your lifestyle that is perpetuating them
- A 3-day Food Diary review of your meals, snacks and drinks (yes, drinks too!). Food and drink is often something we ‘do unconsciously’ and sometimes this is as enlightening for you as it is for me. Don’t be tempted to show me what you think I want to see – The best way to work out how to help you is to know where we’re starting, and that requires honesty
- Understanding your goals – what’s really bothering you and what change do you want to see?
- Negotiation of the degree of change required. Some clients want “as good as it can get, optimal health”. Some clients just want to stop the pain. Some clients start by talking about the amount of weight they want to lose but continue by talking about how much better they feel
- Understanding the ‘no-go’ areas. Most people have these. There would be no point giving you wonderful recipes that require a lot of time in the kitchen if you hate cooking. We may have some interesting conversations about the amount of alcohol or caffeine or sugar, but my recommendations must be achievable by you
- My top package also includes a DNA Test - very useful for both chronic conditions and weight loss as many issues in your genes can be overcome with food
- See my website for more details - https://www.oakmeadclinic.co.uk
See my facebook page for nutrition posts and regular offers; https://www.facebook.com/oakmeadclinic/
See my website for full information https://www.oakmeadclinic.co.uk
If you contact me through Nutritionist Resource, please, please, please double check your email address and also leave a phone number. If your preference is email contact I will do that, but the phone number provides a back up in case there is a problem with the email. If you only leave an incorrect email and no phone number at all I have no way to ever get in contact. Thank you.
Book a service directly here, and scroll through the list to find what you are looking for:
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Weekday, evening and online appointments available