Gregorio Castillo, PGCert (Nutrition), Dip CNM, MBANT, RCNHC
2-8 Victoria Avenue
My name is Gregorio and I’m a fully qualified and insured Nutritional Therapist, member of British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT) and registered with Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC). I was trained in Naturopathic Nutrition at the prestigious College of Naturopathic Medicine in London. I also hold a Postgraduate Certificate in Dietetics and Human Nutrition from the University of Cadiz in Spain.
I have been trained in the principles of Functional Medicine, a science based approach to health and healing that looks at the body as a whole and assesses the underlying causes of symptoms that manifest themselves as disease. Rather than looking at symptoms in isolation, my aim through nutritional therapy, is to support underlying imbalances and address the root cause.
What I have learned and continue to learn through my training and practice as a Nutritional Therapist is that alternate pathways to health do exist and sometimes it only requires someone to take the time to listen and understand their story in order to piece the jigsaw together. Nutritional Therapy opens many doors in the ways it may benefit a wide variety of conditions and personally I feel privileged to have the opportunity to be able to work within this field. My focus is on long- term health and disease prevention and achieving wellbeing in body, mind and spirit.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Certificate in Dietetics and Human Nutrition from the University of Cadiz (Spain)
- Diploma in Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy (College of Naturopathic Medicine - London)
- Registered with BANT, CNHC and ANP
- NLP Practitioner
- Completing my Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma (accredited by the University of the West of Scotland)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from the University of Malaga (Spain)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Bulimia nervosa *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
After booking your appointment, a welcome pack will be sent to you via email, including a Health Questionnaire and a 3 Day Diet, which need to be completed before the consultation. During the initial 1 hour consultation, I take a detailed case history, building on the information from the questionnaire. I will ask you specific questions about your current health concerns, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment, medical history, family history, lifestyle, levels of physical activity, use of medication and supplements and diet.
After the Initial Nutrition Assessment, I will evaluate your individual needs and apply the extensive evidence-based of nutritional science to elaborate a personalised, safe and efficient Nutrition and Lifestyle Programme.
You will receive your Nutrition & Lifestyle Plan and Supplement Recommendations by email within 48 hours. This will include:
- therapeutic food focus explanation, recommending the foods that might be helpful in alleviating your symptoms, also including the foods that may be stopping you from getting better;
- sample meals and snack ideas;
- lifestyle suggestions tailored to suit you;
- supplement recommendations with a 25% client discount.
Initial Consultations fees are £100
Follow-up consultations are booked in at the end of your initial consultation and last up to 45 minutes. These are used to track your progress, make any required modifications or adaptations and evaluate test results. We usually book a follow-up consultation 4 - 6 weeks after the initial assessment.
Additional follow-ups may be required depending on each personal situation.
Follow-up Consultations fees are £75
* Please check on my website for more information about 'Packages' or 'Home visits'
I can also carry out consultations via Skype and Home visits.
"I came to Gregorio interested in how a change in diet could further improve my symptoms plus my overall health. The advice given by Gregorio has helped improve my symptoms and also increase my energy throughout the day.
The benefits have been so noticeable that it has been easy to persevere with the changes to my diet."
"I was diagnosed with a medical condition some months ago and sought Greg's guidance on diet. He was extremely professional and thorough in his approach. He was careful to explain why certain foods were better for me than others and was encouraging and positive in his approach. I would highly recommend Greg if you are seeking help with nutrition tailored to your specific needs."
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
|Other languages:||English and Spanish|