Dawn Shotton MSc. BSc. Registered Dietitian
The Spire Hospital
Tyne And Wear
North East England
Dawn Shotton, founder of Dietwise, is an experienced Registered Dietitian with a passion for helping people with their dietary goals. She has been UK registered for over 23 years, and offers you the reassurance of factual, evidence based solutions to your dietary needs.
She has a passion and interest in weight management and advising post weight loss surgery and has significant experience in supporting those with their weight loss requirements.
Irritable bowel syndrome requires the expert intervention of a registered dietitian. Dawn recently (2015) completed training to help those with the condition and has FODMAP training
Dawn understands and embraces the principles of mindfulness and mindful eating, aspects that underpin the work and services she offers.
Dawn's natural empathy and compassion is dovetailed with highly expert knowledge and counselling skills to deliver a unique winning combination, with a proven track record.
- One to one personal advice - face to face, skype and telephone
- Group work intervention - food and mood, mindfulness, weight loss surgery, weight loss maintanence, cookery schools
- Training, lectures and seminars
- Corporate events
- Professional writing services
- Menu and recipe analysis and advice
Training, qualifications & experience
- FODMAP trained, 2015
- MSc Weight Management (2013)
- BSc (Hons) Nutrition and Dietetics (1991)
- Post Graduate certificate Psychological Counselling (2001)
- Teaching Certificate (2000)
Dawn is an experienced clinician with over 23 years of clinical expertise in nutrition and dietetic support in both NHS and private practice. She has significant skills, knowledge and qualifications for weight loss, weight loss surgery and weight maintenance and has designed , trained and delivered programmes of care in this specialist subject area for over 15 years.
She has recent training in delivering specialist dietary advice to those with irritable bowel syndrome (FODMAP) and has a depth of knowledge on all aspects of clinical dietetics from delivering general dietary clinics to GP surgeries, private hospitals and corporate organisations.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Bulimia nervosa *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
Photos & videos
One to one consultations
- One hour clinical assessment including 10 minute pre telephone consultation - £70
- Nutrition/dietary/menu analysis - £25 per day
- *Public speaking and events - approx £250 per half day including prep and resources
- *Professional writing and articles - £300 for 1000 words
* Dietwise can provide bespoke packages to suit need. Please contact me direct for details and prices
- Extreme diets that don't work
- Managing the Christmas buffet table - 7 tips for survival
- Mindfulness - How it can help with weight control
- Dietary antidotes for a Christmas hangover – Are there any?
- Gastric bands – Do they have the X factor?
Dietwise Philosophies and values
- Dietwise believes that everyone deserves acceptance and respect for their individuality. Dietwise therefore harnesses approaches that help people improve their self acceptance, self confidence and self belief and dovetails these with diet advice to enable people to move forward, more satisfied with themselves, their health and their lives.
- Empathy and understanding are deeply embedded into the core of Dietwise and drives every function and service it offers.
- Dietwise is honest. It recognises there is no quick fix to some dietary problems. The company only ever uses and advocates attainable targets and techniques with proven long term health benefits.
- Dietwise will pursue excellence by measuring its performance against complete customer satisfaction.
Service delivery and Location
Dietwise is located within easy reach of the A19, in the heart of the North East region of England.
- Private face to face consultations
Dietwise provides a confidential and comfortable environment for a relaxed face to face service for customers. Dawn also is able to visit people in their own home, when this is specifically requested. However, she regrets that an additional charge is necessary beyond 10 miles from her business location
- Groups, Health and Corporate Services
Dietwise is completely flexible and used to working around existing requirements and commitments. The company offers out of hours services and support both within the region and nationally.
Dawn at dietwise enjoys providing high quality dietary advice that is easy to follow, convenient to access and exactly what you need at a time that suits you. She is genuinely interested in hearing individual stories and providing dedicated personal dietetic expertise to customers. She looks forward to hearing from you....
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|